PDA

View Full Version : New Controller Needed

Wayne B
07-03-2021, 11:05 AM
I've not been using my CNC Router much for some time so decided to give it to my nephew (he is over 20 and into woodworking so not a kid). When i took it over, the PC decided it had given up the ghost so i went back with a newer PC that i was using for my laser until recently. This PC is running on Win7 64 Bit so i tried everything until i found out 64 bit is the problem.
So, i'm deciding whether i can find an old PC that will work or change to a new controller box (which seems like the simplest option). Is there anywhere that will sell me a USB black controller box to run this off? I can find full CNC's on Ebay and Amazon but no Controller box options.
Thanks for any help

depronman
07-03-2021, 11:35 AM
Just instal win7 32 bit. Must be the easiest solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne B
07-03-2021, 12:13 PM
I have thought of that depronman, but i'm not 100% if the problem is only the Operating System or if there's an issue in the controller too so thought about trying a new controller.

magicniner
08-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Is there anywhere that will sell me a USB black controller box to run this off? I can find full CNC's on Ebay and Amazon but no Controller box options.
Thanks for any help

Mainly semi-functional crap from China, buy something from a company with a website, support forum and some customer service, as with so many things the instinct to be cheap will cost you money in the long term.

JAZZCNC
08-03-2021, 07:12 PM
When you say you want a new controller are you just meaning the motion control card side or the whole control box with drives and everything else.? there's a big difference.!

To help properly then more info about the machine and what you have already would be required, it's not something we can guess at.!