PDA

View Full Version : Further Progress with my JazzCNC .. Guitar Body

BeeceUK
18-04-2021, 10:25 PM
Hi there,

I managed to find a few hours to jump onto my new machine and have a go at some two sided machining today. I followed some tutorials on how to set up my stock and workspace for two sided machining using 5mm steel dowels as locating pins so that everything lines up nicely when I flip the blank over and machine the top of the guitar after having done the back. It worked better than I had hoped and its given me the confidence to have a go and try something full size in the near future !!

Pilsbury
19-04-2021, 12:37 AM
Nice. Looks damn decent. I too am a Jazz CNC baby..... I have not ventured into 2 sided projects yet but you have piqued my interest.

But I can’t let you beat me. I’m gonna have to go 4 sided project:glee:

Kitwn
19-04-2021, 02:42 AM
Nice. Looks damn decent. I too am a Jazz CNC baby..... I have not ventured into 2 sided projects yet but you have piqued my interest.

But I can’t let you beat me. I’m gonna have to go 4 sided project:glee:

And nobody's going to beat me, I'm going into the 5th dimension! Come to think of it some people think I'm there already :highly_amused:

That's a great looking mini strat body, I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the finished full-sized instrument. What software are you using for this?

Kit

PS Unfortunately one of the things you CANNOT make with a CNC router (even a JAZZCNC one) is a pair of EL34s.

BeeceUK
20-04-2021, 03:41 PM
Hi Kit,

Thanks for the comment. This one done in Fusion 360 , imported the model as a step file and created the G Code in the Manufacture side of Fusion.

And nobody's going to beat me, I'm going into the 5th dimension! Come to think of it some people think I'm there already :highly_amused:

That's a great looking mini strat body, I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the finished full-sized instrument. What software are you using for this?

Kit

PS Unfortunately one of the things you CANNOT make with a CNC router (even a JAZZCNC one) is a pair of EL34s.

cropwell
22-04-2021, 11:08 AM

Please do not warp the Space-Time Continuum on your journey.

Neale
22-04-2021, 05:40 PM
I'm more into string theory. At least, that's how bits of my router are held on...

JAZZCNC
22-04-2021, 05:55 PM
I'm more into string theory. At least, that's how bits of my router are held on...

Is that C5 or C3 string theory.? we don't want any backlash...:whistle:

Kitwn
23-04-2021, 06:25 AM

I didn't realise you'd copied my design! Just dont go hawking your strange ideas on the forum.

Kit