PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Introduction of a rookie

IlCostinio
02-05-2021, 09:21 AM
Greetings all!

My name is Luis, I am from Mexico. Please be easy on my writing skills, am still learning.

So I am an Electronic Engineer who has been out of a job derived from covid-19 complications. I am looking to build or acquire a CNC milling machine in the hopes of creating parts to repair equipment. In Mexico, as many other development countries we still have a lot of old or antique equipment that have no support from manufacturer. So finding a part or getting a fair-price is nearly impossible in many cases.

I have some equipment and have been self employed for some time now, I feel this is the smart next step.

Hopefully I can have a bare-bone (basics) to start making simple parts with little initial investment. As the equipment proves lucrative start improving or moving on into a better one. My budget is very limited, so I need to learn fast, and make the smart decision regarding where to compromise on my first attempt to this new venture. I have reserved about 2500 euros. So good luck to me.

Any help will be super appreciated, as my last savings are going into this CNC.

JAZZCNC
02-05-2021, 11:33 AM
Hi Luis and welcome.

The best advice as always is to buy NOTHING until you have fully researched and checked out what you need or want and what is required to achieve this. This goes for Building or Buying Second-hand equipment, but especially when building as it's very easy to take the wrong route and buy the wrong stuff.

Good luck and ask many questions.

hanermo2
02-05-2021, 05:08 PM
Luis costinio ..
I am Hannu Venermo, I used to be HAAS Sales Manager for Haas Spain, 2010-2013.

The biggest HAAS sales HFO is the mexican one, Hitec Spain.
Andres and Bill run it and own it.
They are really nice guys, employ 240+ people in mexico, 50+ in Spain.

Call them. Explain.
One of their customers will be wanting to get rid of their old or older manual or old cnc machine.
500+ customers per year. More than one per day.

Repeat.
They are really nice guys.
Explain, and You will probably get a fantastic solution, at the end of the day.

They usually like to take calls from guys like You.
At the end, they then sell You a Haas when You are bigger.
Theyve done this for 30+ years.

I tambien en espanol si quieres.