PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Greetings from the Penal Colony Down Under

BeagleBrainz
28-08-2021, 04:34 AM
Gday all,

New user introducing themselves. Just a self taught (ongoing) hobbyist. I have a BF20 mill I converted a while ago, which is waiting for the chip tray to be finished, so I can get back to making chips. Lathe wise I have a ML7/Super & hybrid I put together from parts purchase mainly from ebay. So whilst the Gumbernment has us held prisoner in our homes I started doodling with some designs to convert the Myford to cnc. So I may just have some questions regarding stepper sizes and what not.

For control software I'm firmly in the Linuxcnc camp and am really happy with it.

That's all for now

Cheers
Rob

Clive S
28-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Rob Welcome to the forum.

If who I think you are you will be a very valued member with your knowledge of Linuxcnc etc.

Hope you are keeping well.

Clive

BeagleBrainz
28-08-2021, 10:16 AM
G'day mate.

Yeah things are going ok.

How's things in the Motherland ?

Clive S
28-08-2021, 10:24 AM
G'day mate.

Yeah things are going ok.

How's things in the Motherland ?

Things are fine just getting older thanks. You have been missed on the other forum but I understand :loyal:

Glad you are well.

Doddy
29-08-2021, 06:33 PM
Welcome - as a ML7 CNCer I'd be interested in following any threads on your conversion plans.

Kitwn
30-08-2021, 01:54 AM
G'Day Cobber!
I take it from a previous post about the motherland that you are also an escapee from dear old blighty. Welcome to the forum, you'll find plenty of wisdom and no little merriment here to help cope with your current lockdown. Here in Tasmania we're delta-free for the time being but it must be a matter of when rather than if.

Kit

BeagleBrainz
30-08-2021, 02:22 AM
Nah,
Aussie (via English,Scottish & Irish ancestry) born and bred, but living in one of THOSE LGAS in Sydney. ;)

BeagleBrainz
31-08-2021, 06:52 AM
Welcome - as a ML7 CNCer I'd be interested in following any threads on your conversion plans.

Going thru the motions of coming up with some ides. Will post something shortly.