PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Introduction

JohnnyK
31-08-2021, 03:59 AM
Hi, my name is John and I found this forum looking for information on Boxford 160TCL spin motor control. My background is in Laboratory Instrumentation Electronics and GPS design. I have some learner experience in CNC machining and G code programming.
I have a Boxford 160 TCL in excellent condition with original manuals and software.(which the Lenze 534 spin motor driver just failed) I also have an old ACROMAX MX16 VMC which I rebuilt and repaired Yasnac driver boards. I bought these machines to design my own parts inhouse for my Business from which I am now retired. I now have more time to make and modify parts for my hobby.

BeagleBrainz
31-08-2021, 06:55 AM
Hi John,

Good to see another Aussie here.
I think a lot of us have plenty of time Down Under, some of use just can't get our hands on the materials need ;)

Kitwn
31-08-2021, 09:55 AM
Hi John,

Good to see another Aussie here.
I think a lot of us have plenty of time Down Under, some of use just can't get our hands on the materials need ;)

Welcome John. I'm sure your experience will be a useful addition to the forum. It sounds as if your hobby is not too far removed from your business, just a little less pressure to make a profit. I lived in Stoneville for four years before moving up to Exmouth in 2008 and have recently retired to Northern Tasmania.

BeagleBrainz,
Try living in remote WA if you want lack of access to materials! Moving to Tasmania is like being a kid dropped into a sweet shop.

Kit

JohnnyK
31-08-2021, 01:52 PM
Hi Kit I hope to learn more on some of the modification options avail that other members have pioneered and contribute if I can. Perth is a great for family, but gets too hot in summer. I prefer country living as I grew up on dairy farm not far from you. Look across Bass Straight and you may see Port Campbell Victoria. I lived in Melb for a couple of years and there you are spoilt for choice as far as manufacturing and component supplies avail. My real hobby 30391

Kitwn
01-09-2021, 12:02 PM
Hi Kit I hope to learn more on some of the modification options avail that other members have pioneered and contribute if I can. Perth is a great for family, but gets too hot in summer. I prefer country living as I grew up on dairy farm not far from you. Look across Bass Straight and you may see Port Campbell Victoria. I lived in Melb for a couple of years and there you are spoilt for choice as far as manufacturing and component supplies avail. My real hobby 30391

We liked Perth, though it got way more congested during the years we were there. We chose to emigrate to Perth after a 7 week long tour round Australia in 2002. Back then it was the best bang for buck and the drier climate was more appealing to a pair of Pommies. Tasmania is more affordable now (though that's rapidly changing) to retire to and I describe it as "more like the England you wish England was like". We have 2 acres within a few minutes drive of Coles, Woolworths, Bunnings and the House of Anvers chocolate factory. Unimaginable on the mainland or back in the UK, but what more could you want?!

Your hobby looks like like something you'd use to escape from Afghanistan. I wish that comment was actually funny.

Kit