PDA

View Full Version : fixed end supports

reefy86
25-09-2021, 12:47 PM
how do you guys get around fixing bk supports to y axis? i need to attach a plate to the frame and then the bk support to the plate but the side of the frame is definitely not going to be flat especially either end which means both bk fixed supports wont be true to each other.

originally was just going to have thick welded plates each end of the machine with a slot cut out for the screw to align and tension both ends but i cant get ballscrews longer then 2900mm to be shipped so got to use bk supports instead.

Thanks

edit!!! never mind stupid question, always think of something after i ask a question and never before:upset:

JAZZCNC
25-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Hopefully, you realized it was a stupid question because you are planning on using a rotating ball nut so you don't need or indeed want a bearing of any kind.? The screw must be fixed solid and not allowed to rotate at all.!

reefy86
25-09-2021, 05:52 PM
Hopefully, you realized it was a stupid question because you are planning on using a rotating ball nut so you don't need or indeed want a bearing of any kind.? The screw must be fixed solid and not allowed to rotate at all.!

Hoping you wasn't going to notice lol. Couldn't delete the post but I was focused on getting both ends if the screw fixed but forgot those fixed supports turn with the screw.

JAZZCNC
25-09-2021, 07:51 PM
Hoping you wasn't going to notice lol.

I miss nothing....Lol

reefy86
25-09-2021, 09:35 PM
just a rough template here but if the machined end ballscrew is 20mm what would be a decent amount of clearance on this adjustable plate? would you have the hole cut out at 20mm for tight fit so then the ball screw can be adjusted back and forth like i have done in the pic or have the hole slightly bigger then 20mm so it can also be adjusted up and down slightly?

probably better ideas then what im doing here but cant find any designs ideas to look at as most are using bk supports.

reefy86
25-09-2021, 09:38 PM
I miss nothing....Lol

try not look an idiot next time then lol