PDA

View Full Version : step and dir pulse problem Mach3

mrmacca
04-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Hi all,
New to forum and look forward to reading and gaining a little info.. Firstly i have the 6040 and have had nothing but trouble since i bought it 2 months ago , already had a x-axis replaced due to constant banging, now my problem is mach3 and the step and dir pulse... i change them but mach3 doesnt save them and they revert back to 0 and due to this my machine is missing steps badly. I've fully uninstalled and reinstalled mach3 but it still wont save so i continue to have this problem... Any help much appreciated.
Dave

dazp1976
05-11-2021, 09:34 AM
Hi all,
New to forum and look forward to reading and gaining a little info.. Firstly i have the 6040 and have had nothing but trouble since i bought it 2 months ago , already had a x-axis replaced due to constant banging, now my problem is mach3 and the step and dir pulse... i change them but mach3 doesnt save them and they revert back to 0 and due to this my machine is missing steps badly. I've fully uninstalled and reinstalled mach3 but it still wont save so i continue to have this problem... Any help much appreciated.
Dave

That's a new one.
You are saving every axis individualy as you do it on the page aren't you?.
Not just going from page to page changing every axis and then trying to save?.

Neale
05-11-2021, 09:39 AM
If the copy of Mach3 came with the machine, is it a genuine licensed copy? There are quite a lot of "pre-licensed" copies around and they are notorious for giving weird results and inexplicable problems. One possibility is to download a genuine demo copy of Mach3, use your existing configuration files, and test to see if that works. Demo versions are limited in the length of gcode they can run but are otherwise fully functional so that would see if there is a Mach3 problem or not.

mrmacca
05-11-2021, 10:00 AM
That's a new one.
You are saving every axis individualy as you do it on the page aren't you?.
Not just going from page to page changing every axis and then trying to save?.

yeh saving individuly , will try again today and let you know.
cheers

mrmacca
05-11-2021, 10:01 AM
If the copy of Mach3 came with the machine, is it a genuine licensed copy? There are quite a lot of "pre-licensed" copies around and they are notorious for giving weird results and inexplicable problems. One possibility is to download a genuine demo copy of Mach3, use your existing configuration files, and test to see if that works. Demo versions are limited in the length of gcode they can run but are otherwise fully functional so that would see if there is a Mach3 problem or not.

it was given with product and looks like a pre-licenced copy, will download a demo copy and try that and let you know how it goes.
cheers

mrmacca
05-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Downloaded a Demo , and it let me change and save settings in motor tuning.....But now the machine doesn't move, if i use arrows on keyboard it shows it moving in the DRO but its not actually moving , i know i must have a setting wrong in setup so will try and figure out which one.
Cheers

JAZZCNC
05-11-2021, 09:20 PM
If you connect using USB then you will need a plug-in for mach3 and possibly drivers for the device.

mrmacca
05-11-2021, 11:28 PM
If you connect using USB then you will need a plug-in for mach3 and possibly drivers for the device.

Hi Jazz ,
yes its usb connection , when i first got a couple of months ago all worked fine once i installed mach3, never really cut anything due to it missing steps and waiting for a new x-axis to arrive, installed that and was still missing steps so i tried to alter settings in motor config but when i saved it just kept reverting back to 0 , so i decided to uninstall mach3 and re-install but now it lets me change and save the step and dir pulse but the motors dont actually move even though it shows them moving in the dro in mach3. so now i need to try and get the motors moving and then finally be a happy man. Cheers

JAZZCNC
06-11-2021, 07:43 PM
Hi Jazz ,
yes its usb connection , when i first got a couple of months ago all worked fine once i installed mach3, never really cut anything due to it missing steps and waiting for a new x-axis to arrive, installed that and was still missing steps so i tried to alter settings in motor config but when i saved it just kept reverting back to 0 , so i decided to uninstall mach3 and re-install but now it lets me change and save the step and dir pulse but the motors dont actually move even though it shows them moving in the dro in mach3. so now i need to try and get the motors moving and then finally be a happy man. Cheers

Ok, then you will need the Plug-in for the controller you are using. This is why the DRO's are moving but not the machine, mach3 only provides the driver for the parallel port so any 3rd party motion controllers need to provide a piece of software called a plug-in that tells mach3 how to talk to the external motion controller.

To be honest you'll probably find it easier to start again and use a better controller because the Chinese USB controllers are notorious for being rubbish and USB it selfs isn't very stable or reliable for CNC due to being easily affected by electrical noise. Many people upgrade to an Ethernet-based controller.

Personally, I would replace it with an AXBB-E controller which is a great controller at a good price, it also has its own software called UCCCNC which is much better than mach3 and also made by the same people who make the controller so it's much better integrated with the controller and it's fully supported, unlike mach3 which is no longer supported.

The AXBB-E will also work with Mach3 if needed, I just wouldn't because UCCNC is so much better.

mrmacca
06-11-2021, 10:19 PM
Cheers Jazz,
Found plugin and installed and all is working , only slight problem is that when it goes back to home its out by a couple of mm, did a cut on a small file that uses 4 passes and it looked fine , no missed steps as far as i can see not like before when it went out by miles. Anyway going to see how it goes before i decide if i am going to change anything so
thanks for all the advice.
Dave

mrmacca
05-02-2022, 08:56 PM
Cheers Jazz,
Found plugin and installed and all is working , only slight problem is that when it goes back to home its out by a couple of mm, did a cut on a small file that uses 4 passes and it looked fine , no missed steps as far as i can see not like before when it went out by miles. Anyway going to see how it goes before i decide if i am going to change anything so
thanks for all the advice.
Dave

Hi Jazz ,
Been a few months and still having problems, so will purchase controller you mentioned the AXBB-E controller ......Is that all that I need to purchase.
Cheers
Dave

JAZZCNC
05-02-2022, 09:35 PM
Hi Jazz ,
Been a few months and still having problems, so will purchase controller you mentioned the AXBB-E controller ......Is that all that I need to purchase.
Cheers
Dave

To use the AXBB-E you will need 5Vdc and 24Vdc in the control box so you might need a PSU depending on what you have already. You can use 12Vdc in place of 24Vdc if don't have it, Some people use an old PC power supply that has both 5V and 12Vdc outputs.

Other than that all you need is an Ethernet cross-over Cable if running directly to PC or a standard Ethernet cable if running through a network hub or Switch.

mrmacca
05-02-2022, 10:05 PM
To use the AXBB-E you will need 5Vdc and 24Vdc in the control box so you might need a PSU depending on what you have already. You can use 12Vdc in place of 24Vdc if don't have it, Some people use an old PC power supply that has both 5V and 12Vdc outputs.

Other than that all you need is an Ethernet cross-over Cable if running directly to PC or a standard Ethernet cable if running through a network hub or Switch.

Cheers for the quick reply, will let you know how i get on.

Clive S
06-02-2022, 12:13 AM
Cheers for the quick reply, will let you know how i get on.

I take it you have looked at Dean's website Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Cube3
06-02-2022, 08:16 PM
You don't always need a crossover network cable, a lot of network cards will do it automatically.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

JAZZCNC
06-02-2022, 09:14 PM
You don't always need a crossover network cable, a lot of network cards will do it automatically.

With the AXBB-E and Static IP you do.

dazp1976
06-02-2022, 09:29 PM
With the AXBB-E and Static IP you do.

Same with the UC300eth (same controller base as the AX).
Pretty much guarantees it's going to work.

mrmacca
08-02-2022, 08:15 PM
Ordered the AXBB-E today, so looking forward to recieving and having a go setting it up, will post pics of the insides of the controller box i have tomorrow so people can tell me what i need and dont need and give me any help i need installing new card.
Cheers

Cube3
09-02-2022, 12:25 AM
The network card does the crossover automatically. You can use a normal patch lead IF your network card supports this function. We'll at least that's my setup.
I think the network option is called Auto-MDIX

dazp1976
09-02-2022, 11:06 AM
The network card does the crossover automatically. You can use a normal patch lead IF your network card supports this function. We'll at least that's my setup.
I think the network option is called Auto-MDIX

Many do, yes. Likely get the odd packet loss which is not good for cnc even if slight.
However, why bother arguing with the user manual?.
It says use crossover when connected direct so why not do it?.
Not exactly expensive.

I made one from some cat7 bits I had.
Carefully set it all up and was moving in no time.

mrmacca
09-02-2022, 10:02 PM
This is what i have, what do i need and what do i have to take out....cheers

Just received my AXBB-E and i also got a 5v and 24v psu so all i need to do now is panic as i dont have a clue what im doing......Help

30861 do i keep this board as it has the X Y Z axis attached

UPDATE.....Have connected Axbb-e to the 5v and 12v power psu and also connected network, so now need to build a bigger controller box so all will fit in.

JAZZCNC
13-02-2022, 07:23 PM
This is what i have, what do i need and what do i have to take out....cheers

30861 do i keep this board as it has the X Y Z axis attached

That is an all-in-one board with controller and motor drives combined so you can't use it because you can't control the drives.

To use with the AXBB-E you will need separate drives.

mrmacca
13-02-2022, 08:15 PM
That is an all-in-one board with controller and motor drives combined so you can't use it because you can't control the drives.

To use with the AXBB-E you will need separate drives.

Cheers Jazz ...will have a look about and order some.

mrmacca
13-02-2022, 09:15 PM
My stepper motor has this on it NN MOTOR 57HS7416-15-14B 80 Does that mean anything , when I did a search it didn't come back with much except nema 23, so do i order drivers for a nema 23.
Cheers

dazp1976
14-02-2022, 02:50 AM
My stepper motor has this on it NN MOTOR 57HS7416-15-14B 80 Does that mean anything , when I did a search it didn't come back with much except nema 23, so do i order drivers for a nema 23.
Cheers

Depends on what you want to do and the motor spec. Model number not showing anything so double check you have it right.
What are it's dimensions, that may also give us a clue on it.

Personally, I never run my nema23 motors below 60vdc anymore which requires the nema34 drivers DM860T instead. The velocity you can achieve is so much better.

JAZZCNC
14-02-2022, 10:15 PM
Cheers

This is typical of Chinese machines as they fit oddball motors which you probably won't find any info about. However, doesn't really matter too much because you will only have at best 36Vdc from the PSU so any drive with a 50Vdc max rating will work for you. Because you can't tell the motor current a little trial and error will be needed on the amps but this is no big deal as they will just run hot if too high and stall easily if too low.

These will work fine for what you need and will work miles better than what you had before. But before buying it's worth checking the voltage coming from the PSU

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/digital-stepper-driver/digital-stepper-driver-10-42a-20-50vdc-for-nema-17-23-24-stepper-motor-dm542t.html

mrmacca
14-02-2022, 10:28 PM
This is typical of Chinese machines as they fit oddball motors which you probably won't find any info about. However, doesn't really matter too much because you will only have at best 36Vdc from the PSU so any drive with a 50Vdc max rating will work for you. Because you can't tell the motor current a little trial and error will be needed on the amps but this is no big deal as they will just run hot if too high and stall easily if too low.

These will work fine for what you need and will work miles better than what you had before. But before buying it's worth checking the voltage coming from the PSU

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/digital-stepper-driver/digital-stepper-driver-10-42a-20-50vdc-for-nema-17-23-24-stepper-motor-dm542t.html

Ordered. Cheers

dazp1976
15-02-2022, 02:31 AM
Ordered. Cheers

If you find that your max velocity is below what you would like, swap out the 36v for a 48v.
I'd have gone for the DM556:

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/digital-stepper-driver-18~56a-20-50vdc-for-nema-23-24-34-stepper-motor-dm556t.html?search=dm556&description=true

Kitwn
17-02-2022, 03:40 AM
I use DM542T drivers at 36V on a pair of 3NM NEMA23 motors to pull an 800mm wide welded steel gantry with a 2.2KW spindle on it. It's fairly weighty but will rapid at over 10/min with reasonable acceleration so they'll probably do.
However, there is always a case for spending a bit more on something over-specified for your present needs if you might want to upgrade other parts in the future. It's a balance between spend more now to save in future.

To get a bit more info on the motors you could look at the spec of similar sized motors from stepperonline and others. Measure the winding resistance of the motors you have and look for a match in both resistance and physical size. It's not a guarantee they're the same current rating but will give you somewhere to start.

mrmacca
19-02-2022, 12:22 AM
Hi All,
been having a go at building onto the AXXB-E attached are some pics and would like advice as to were I have gone wrong on the stepper drives, also the 3 wires lying by the AXXB-E are from the VFD av1 grnd and +10v were do i attach these to the AXBB-E, also emergency stop and pump.
All the advice i have had up to now is much appreciated.

30872 30873 30874 30875 30876

JAZZCNC
19-02-2022, 12:54 AM
Hi All,
been having a go at building onto the AXXB-E attached are some pics and would like advice as to were I have gone wrong on the stepper drives, also the 3 wires lying by the AXXB-E are from the VFD av1 grnd and +10v were do i attach these to the AXBB-E, also emergency stop and pump.
All the advice i have had up to now is much appreciated.

Be Careful if you don't know what you are doing because you can easily damage the controller if you connect up wrong. Don't turn it on until you are 100% sure it's correct, you can't afford to use a trial and error method here because you won't get a second chance once you let out the magic smoke.

I will knock you up some simple diagrams but it will be tomorrow now, I suggest you wait rather than have a go without being sure.

JAZZCNC
19-02-2022, 01:42 AM
Ok, here you go. I have broken each down into separate drawings.

On the VFD you don't need the 10V with AXBB so just remove the wire.

Edit: My drawings show Step which is Puls on your drives.

Neale
19-02-2022, 07:02 AM
Looking at the first two images, I'm concerned about the polarity of the supply to the stepper driver. It appears to show a black wire to +ve and red to -ve, although the 24V supply to the AXBB is correct. I can't see where these wires go on the power supply.

JAZZCNC
19-02-2022, 09:48 AM
Looking at the first two images, I'm concerned about the polarity of the supply to the stepper driver. It appears to show a black wire to +ve and red to -ve, although the 24V supply to the AXBB is correct. I can't see where these wires go on the power supply.

Doesn't look like that on the images I'm looking at.? Maybe need to zoom in.?

Edit: Sorry just spotted you mean the OP pics, not the ones I posted last night. Yes looks wrong but depends on what it's like at the PSU.? Logic says its wrong

Neale
19-02-2022, 10:05 AM
I had replied to OP before I read your post, Jazz. Sorry about confusion.

Indeed, it depends on PSU connections at the other end of the wires but it's a disaster looking for somewhere to happen!

mrmacca
19-02-2022, 10:14 AM
Cheers Jazz,
no would not have turned it on and still wont till im sure , thats why i asked for help lol.
Actually had another read of the manual and spotted where I have gone wrong.
Cheers M8

mrmacca
19-02-2022, 10:15 AM
I had replied to OP before I read your post, Jazz. Sorry about confusion.

Indeed, it depends on PSU connections at the other end of the wires but it's a disaster looking for somewhere to happen!

Same as in psu lol cant afford this to smoke.

mrmacca
20-02-2022, 11:40 AM
im nearly there I think with wiring my Axbb-e , just got a few more questions.

Do I need to wire on off switch, if I do …how, or can I just plug in without it.
Wires coming from L1 AND L2 from back of VFD were do I locate these.
Is it ok to loop my 5v power supply from my 24v power supply or should I use separate supplies.
Cheers for all the advice and help..

30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885

Kitwn
20-02-2022, 12:36 PM
im nearly there I think with wiring my Axbb-e , just got a few more questions.

Do I need to wire on off switch, if I do …how, or can I just plug in without it.
Wires coming from L1 AND L2 from back of VFD were do I locate these.
Is it ok to loop my 5v power supply from my 24v power supply or should I use separate supplies.
Cheers for all the advice and help..

30880 30881 30882 30883 30884 30885

I assume you mean loop the mains input to the supplies. That is no problem, just do it carefully. I would advise using the correct size crimped spade terminals rather than trying to twist several mains wires together.

You can have a mains on/off if you wish. I use a 4 way dis-board with individual switched outlets with separate feeds for the AXBB-E 5V/12V supply and the 36V motor supplies.

mrmacca
20-02-2022, 02:39 PM
I assume you mean loop the mains input to the supplies. That is no problem, just do it carefully. I would advise using the correct size crimped spade terminals rather than trying to twist several mains wires together.

You can have a mains on/off if you wish. I use a 4 way dis-board with individual switched outlets with separate feeds for the AXBB-E 5V/12V supply and the 36V motor supplies.

Cheers for that. any idea where the red and brown wires from the VFD L1 AND L2 go onto the Axbb-e

JAZZCNC
20-02-2022, 04:35 PM
Hi Macca,

I got your email but thought I'd reply here then others can get some thing from it if needed,

You don't need an On/Off and can just use the Mains switch on the wall but a separate switch is nice to have and simple to fit. Just use any switch rated to handle 240V and break the Live wire or better still a 2 pole switch and break both Live and neutral. Don't break the Earth wire.

On a separate note to be safe you should really have a latching safety circuit built into the E-stop that turns off power to the drives when pressed and won't be allowed to reset until all is safe. The easy way to do this is with a Relay and Momentary button wired in series with the E-stop. If you want to do this just say and I will draw you a circuit showing how.

If you don't have a latching system the moment you turn on power the drives will become active so if say for instance the E-stop was released and UCCNC was running code when turned on the machine will instantly start moving with no clue where it is and will crash.
With a latching system this can't happen also a signal will be sent to the controller saying an E-stop is in place and won't allow UCCNC to Reset.

Wires coming from L1 AND L2 from the back of VFD where do I locate these.

L1 and L2 are usually the Mains Inputs but without seeing and knowing more about the VFD it's difficult to know or advise safely. Give better pictures

Again you need to explain better what your meaning is, if you mean can the power Inputs be joined together then yes that's no problem. If you're talking about the Outputs then you need to explain better what you are trying to do.?

mrmacca
20-02-2022, 06:13 PM
Hi Macca,

I got your email but thought I'd reply here then others can get some thing from it if needed,

You don't need an On/Off and can just use the Mains switch on the wall but a separate switch is nice to have and simple to fit. Just use any switch rated to handle 240V and break the Live wire or better still a 2 pole switch and break both Live and neutral. Don't break the Earth wire.

On a separate note to be safe you should really have a latching safety circuit built into the E-stop that turns off power to the drives when pressed and won't be allowed to reset until all is safe. The easy way to do this is with a Relay and Momentary button wired in series with the E-stop. If you want to do this just say and I will draw you a circuit showing how.

If you don't have a latching system the moment you turn on power the drives will become active so if say for instance the E-stop was released and UCCNC was running code when turned on the machine will instantly start moving with no clue where it is and will crash.
With a latching system this can't happen also a signal will be sent to the controller saying an E-stop is in place and won't allow UCCNC to Reset.

L1 and L2 are usually the Mains Inputs but without seeing and knowing more about the VFD it's difficult to know or advise safely. Give better pictures

Again you need to explain better what your meaning is, if you mean can the power Inputs be joined together then yes that's no problem. If you're talking about the Outputs then you need to explain better what you are trying to do.?

Cheers, a latching system would be good if you could do me a diagram , as for the VFD the wires are coming from L1 and L2 and i cant remember what they were attached to, yes i want to join the power inputs so they operate from one cable. What about fans i have 2 were do i connect these.30886 30887 The cables from the VFD went to in1 and ov on the old board.

Cheers for all the help, I'm sure I will need more.

JAZZCNC
21-02-2022, 04:13 PM
Cheers, a latching system would be good if you could do me a diagram

Attached pic. colours might not match yours but should show you how it's done.

Edit: Note that you need a contactor rated to suit the PSU which turns on the drives. Don't use a Relay if you are switching DC to the drives.

as for the VFD the wires are coming from L1 and L2 and i cant remember what they were attached to

They are the Mains Input so put Live to L1 Neutral to L2.

What about fans i have 2 were do i connect these.

Need to know more about the fans.

mrmacca
21-02-2022, 07:17 PM
Just 12v pc fans 2 wires

mrmacca
21-02-2022, 07:47 PM
still confused by were to put VFD wires coming from L1 and L2 also on off switch not got a clue how to wire this, if it wasn't for this forum and youtube i would have blown up by now.
cheers.30895 30896 30897 30898 30899

mrmacca
21-02-2022, 07:52 PM
still confused by were to put VFD wires coming from L1 and L2 also on off switch not got a clue how to wire this, if it wasn't for this forum and youtube i would have blown up by now.
cheers.30895 30896 30897 30898 30899
Found vfd manual but dont understand it 30900

mrmacca
22-02-2022, 07:43 PM
Decided not to go with on/off switch, turned on and lit up fine and also vfd came on , only problem is the 2 wires in pic from the stepper drivers, if i put them in + - on the psu then nothing lights up on them and also it knocks the 24v light out on the AXBB-E, So have i wired them up wrong.
Once again cheers for the help.

30903 30904 30905

mrmacca
22-02-2022, 08:56 PM
All sorted, all lighting up like it should, just need to setup uccn program now...That will be fun...see you all soon and many thanks

mrmacca
24-02-2022, 10:43 PM
Back again , need help getting the spindle to spin in UCCNC, can move all axis but cant get spindle to move.
Any ides much appreciated

JAZZCNC
24-02-2022, 10:59 PM
Back again , need help getting the spindle to spin in UCCNC, can move all axis but cant get spindle to move.
Any ides much appreciated

Simply connect Fwd to Gnd and it will start. If you want to start/stop it through the controller using UCCNC then use an Output which controls a relay and run a wire from Fwd through a NO contact back to Gnd on the VFD.

mrmacca
25-02-2022, 02:00 PM
Nope still wont spin, also in uccnc when you set the jog why does it always revert back to 10% when you restart.

can get spindle to spin if i type m3s12000

Also what plugin do i need to get mach3 to notice the axxb-e.

dazp1976
25-02-2022, 06:35 PM
Had a look at the diagram in the vfd manual.
S1, S2, FWD, REV all simply loop in parallel into the ground connection.
So if you want to use say a simple switch on the fwd, it simply goes- From FWD, into switch, out of switch, into ground. So, a straight ground sinking connection.
So for now get a simple 5v relay module on an AXBB-E output and simply use the NC/COM or NO/COM connections in the place of the simple switch I mentioned above on whichever controls you want.
Figure the AXBB-E board out later. Just going straight from an output alone won't work.

As for the 0-10v AVI. Your vfd looks to be 10v pot type operated analogue control. Have you set the jumper inside AXBB-E in correct 10v position?.

mrmacca
25-02-2022, 06:59 PM
cheers for the reply Daz , not set any jumpers, were will i find it , also do you know how I get mach3 to work as it doesn't find the axbb-e controller.
cheers, sure i will be asking more questions as I'm not that savvy on things like this

dazp1976
25-02-2022, 07:34 PM
cheers for the reply Daz , not set any jumpers, were will i find it , also do you know how I get mach3 to work as it doesn't find the axbb-e controller.
cheers, sure i will be asking more questions as I'm not that savvy on things like this

Have you downloaded the mach3 plugin from cncdrive website?.

mrmacca
25-02-2022, 07:53 PM
Have you downloaded the mach3 plugin from cncdrive website?.

Nope...but will do now.

If i loop S1 S2 REV FWD should there be any other wires also or just the loop.
Cheers

mrmacca
25-02-2022, 08:09 PM
Must be blind i cant find it

dazp1976
25-02-2022, 08:53 PM
Must be blind i cant find it

Vfd Wiring diagram is on this page:
http://whzoncn.com/m/view.php?aid=83
You can see the loop and the break of the switches.
(ignore the 0-10v,, it's showed for pot use).

Mach3 plugin here:
https://www.cncdrive.com/AXBB.html
It's the ucx00 auto installer file.

The jumper is inside the AXBB-E top cover.
Easy way to test first is if you midi M3S24000 and the max the spindle spins is only around 12000rpm then it is likely jumper set as 5v (half speed).
UNLESS.... Your spindle full speed is less than 24k. If so, set full speed in midi and see if you get half or full rpms.

JAZZCNC
25-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Nope still wont spin, also in uccnc when you set the jog why does it always revert back to 10% when you restart.

That is normal and kind of safety feature so you can't jog the machine too fast without first changing the speed.

can get spindle to spin if i type m3s12000

Well, it's working then.? The spindle won't spin unless you give it a speed. M3 is the start command, which turns on the Output which drives the Fwd command on the VFD, and S12000 is the speed. So if you type M3 or push the Start spindle button but haven't given it a speed so and it's at Zero speed then it won't spin but the Output will be active and the FWD command given to the VFD.

Also what plugin do i need to get mach3 to notice the axxb-e.

It's on the CNC drives website but why would you want to use Mach3.? It's shite compared to UCCNC and it's no longer supported.!

mrmacca
25-02-2022, 09:52 PM
That is normal and kind of safety feature so you can't jog the machine too fast without first changing the speed.

Well, it's working then.? The spindle won't spin unless you give it a speed. M3 is the start command, which turns on the Output which drives the Fwd command on the VFD, and S12000 is the speed. So if you type M3 or push the Start spindle button but haven't given it a speed so and it's at Zero speed then it won't spin but the Output will be active and the FWD command given to the VFD.

It's on the CNC drives website but why would you want to use Mach3.? It's shite compared to UCCNC and it's no longer supported.!

Just to see what it was like....Have wired the vfd the way Dazp1976 suggested . but now it will only start when i turn switch on and it wont let me use any m3 commands in uccnc , so cannot change speed , not had a look at the jumper yet , will have a go in a minute
cheers

JAZZCNC
25-02-2022, 09:56 PM
Don't need to do that it's set for 10V and ignore what Dazp is saying he's telling you wrong. I will explain in my next post don't anything else until I do as you could damage the VFD or Controller. Turn it off and wait 10 to 15 mins I will show you how to do it.

JAZZCNC
25-02-2022, 10:19 PM
If i loop S1 S2 REV FWD should there be any other wires also or just the loop.
Cheers

Don't do that.!

The S1 and S2 are just set speed ranges determined by parameters in the VFD and you choose one or the other not both at the same time. Rev and FWD are what they say and obviously, you don't want both on at the same time.!

However, you have an Analog 0-10V speed output on the AXBB-E which you can use so you don't need the S1 or S2.

REV is not recommended as it will unscrew the collet nut so most don't use this either. So you only need FWD which I explained how setup further down, and for setting the speed you use the 0-10V output which connects to the Analog inputs on the VFD. There may be parameters that need changing in the VFD wire it as shown in the pic and if it doesn't work let me know and I will look at the VFD parameters.

mrmacca
25-02-2022, 11:01 PM
Don't do that.!

The S1 and S2 are just set speed ranges determined by parameters in the VFD and you choose one or the other not both at the same time. Rev and FWD are what they say and obviously, you don't want both on at the same time.!

However, you have an Analog 0-10V speed output on the AXBB-E which you can use so you don't need the S1 or S2.

REV is not recommended as it will unscrew the collet nut so most don't use this either. So you only need FWD which I explained how setup further down, and for setting the speed you use the 0-10V output which connects to the Analog inputs on the VFD. There may be parameters that need changing in the VFD wire it as shown in the pic and if it doesn't work let me know and I will look at the VFD parameters.

Did what you sent me, can turn spindle on/off from switch, can change speed and speedrate in uccnc, and spindle stars when i star a program, o all working for now accept my z axis, itmoves up and down when i press up and also up and down when i press down, also just need to attach probe and e-stop if you have any diagrams. cheers

dazp1976
25-02-2022, 11:29 PM
Don't do that.!

I didn't mean altogether. I said they were Parallel.
Should have been clear on 'using only what you need'.
Gave the VFD wiring diagram/manual showing how it was a loop style circuit. Each one individually switched

Wasn't sure if AXBB-E was preset to 10v out. That's why I said test max speeds first to see if you get 100% or 50%.

If you're going to dabble in cnc, you NEED to be able to at least read a wiring diagram.

Your diagram in post #61 shows how the relay on the output activates the loop circuit for fwd on the vfd as I said.
Relay connections on outputs is covered in AXBB-E manual. VFD switch connections are covered in it's manual.

There has been more than enough diagrams put out.

JAZZCNC
25-02-2022, 11:37 PM
o all working for now accept my z axis, itmoves up and down when i press up and also up and down when i press down, also just need to attach probe and e-stop if you have any diagrams. cheers

Not sure what you're saying here.? Are you saying it moves opposite to the direction pressed as in up goes down and vice versa.? If so then simply change the Active hi/low on the Dir pin for the z-axis.

dazp1976
25-02-2022, 11:46 PM
Not sure what you're saying here.? Are you saying it moves opposite to the direction pressed as in up goes down and vice versa.? If so then simply change the Active hi/low on the Dir pin for the z-axis.

Meaning. Check/uncheck the active high/low tick in the cnc software on the axis pages, if it goes opposite directions.

Not swap the high/low wiring around on the actual pin!!!!.

mrmacca
25-02-2022, 11:55 PM
changed active low and it still does the same, if i keep my finger on up the spindle goes as far as it can go the comes down, goes as far as it can go then goes back up.
And Daz yes lots of diagrams put out thanks to Jazz and I hope he puts more out to help me get this sorted, I don't mind asking for help because I don't understand it, But maybe I might learn with all the help I'm getting.....Oh one more question , what colour is the live in a plug.
Thank you and goodnight.

dazp1976
26-02-2022, 12:28 AM
changed active low and it still does the same, if i keep my finger on up the spindle goes as far as it can go the comes down, goes as far as it can go then goes back up.
And Daz yes lots of diagrams put out thanks to Jazz and I hope he puts more out to help me get this sorted, I don't mind asking for help because I don't understand it, But maybe I might learn with all the help I'm getting.....Oh one more question , what colour is the live in a plug.
Thank you and goodnight.

That's a new one.
:hopelessness: Night.

JAZZCNC
26-02-2022, 04:06 PM
..Oh one more question , what colour is the live in a plug.
Thank you and goodnight.

It's the same colour as Mud because that's where you're likely to end up if you are not taking the piss.!!

mrmacca
26-02-2022, 05:24 PM
Hahaha taking the mick , sorted the Z axis it was a loose connection , so all i need to do is sort probe and e-stop out.
Also Jazz the 10v on the vfd does that need a wire going from it to anywhere.
Many Thanks.

dazp1976
26-02-2022, 06:30 PM
Hahaha taking the mick , sorted the Z axis it was a loose connection , so all i need to do is sort probe and e-stop out.
Also Jazz the 10v on the vfd does that need a wire going from it to anywhere.
Many Thanks.

No.
The vfd 10v is to give power to a manual 3 pin potentiometer. Then the pot dial adjusts that voltage and sends it back into the avi input via the wiper based on where you position the dial. Then it has a 3rd wire that goes to gnd .

That's how that one works.

If you did want to add a manual pot you can use the analog inputs on the axbb-e.
There are 2 on it so you could manually override both the spindle rpm and the feedrate using the wiper wire on a 3 pin dial if wanted.
I'm doing this on my 300eth.

Glad you figured the Z out.

mrmacca
04-03-2022, 07:41 PM
The first project I did after rebuild thanks to all the people who gave me advice and diagrams. Machine works brill.

Cheers
Dave