PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: Hello everyone

Pencilfish
17-11-2021, 03:40 PM
Hi all, just became a member, although I've looked at the forum as a guest for a while. Proud owner of a very janky homebuilt mill I finished about a year ago and am constantly surprised that it works at all! I'll probably be looking for advice if/when I build an upgrade in the future :peaceful:
Robbie

JAZZCNC
18-11-2021, 11:15 PM
Welcome, Robbie

Everyone likes a show and tell so why not start a build thread and throw a few pics up.

Pencilfish
24-11-2021, 12:59 PM
I might do that soon, although I'm pretty busy right now. however, I imagine that you, in particular, might be physically sick seeing it! SBR round rails, and 8mm leadscrews with plastic anti-backlash nuts!

Kitwn
25-11-2021, 03:05 AM
I might do that soon, although I'm pretty busy right now. however, I imagine that you, in particular, might be physically sick seeing it! SBR round rails, and 8mm leadscrews with plastic anti-backlash nuts!

Oh don't worry, there are lots of people on here who could show you much less impressive pictures than that! Welcome to the forum Robbie.

WoodKnot
25-11-2021, 03:14 PM

Plastic anti-backlash nuts and 8mm screws!!!

Sounds perfect to me!!!

WoodKnot

JAZZCNC
25-11-2021, 06:59 PM

Ye, it's no secret I'm not a fan of threaded rod and round rails but if that's all you have then don't worry about it we all have to start somewhere, I just try to steer people around what often becomes the inevitable, it will help someone who is working to a budget and if just one person gains a little knowledge or inspiration to get into CNC from it then in my book it makes you a star builder..:thumsup: