PDA

View Full Version : machine identification

martin54
13-05-2022, 04:37 PM
Hoping someone might be able to tell me a little more about this fixed gantry machine, it is from 1996 & I originally thought it might be an Isel machine but can't seem to find anything from them that matches.
It apparently came from a school which is why I thought Isel to begin with.

I have enclosed a few pictures that were sent to me.

The thought was to use this control box if I am able to rather than rip it out & spend a few hundred pounds building a new one, at least to start with anyway. I know that is not always the easiest option though lol

EddyCurrent
13-05-2022, 05:00 PM
The name is right there, "Conect Numerical Control" , company dissolved in 2000

martin54
13-05-2022, 05:10 PM
The name is right there, "Conect Numerical Control" , company dissolved in 2000

Thanks, I didn't realise that was the manufacturer's name, just something relevant to that particular control panel lol

JAZZCNC
13-05-2022, 06:05 PM
Thanks, I didn't realise that was the manufacturer's name, just something relevant to that particular control panel lol

Conect used to make lathes as well, I have one here that came out of a school in Scotland. I think they mostly supplied schools and universities.

Regards the control box then most of that stuff is from the Arc and you would be better off starting again with a new controller and drives. This will transform it into a different machine and be much more reliable.

martin54
13-05-2022, 06:28 PM
Conect used to make lathes as well, I have one here that came out of a school in Scotland. I think they mostly supplied schools and universities.

Regards the control box then most of that stuff is from the Arc and you would be better off starting again with a new controller and drives. This will transform it into a different machine and be much more reliable.

Yes I realise that thanks Dean but was just seeing if it would be possible to save some money to start out, looking at the cost to buy the machine & then what I need to buy to rebuild it & get it up & running then it might be beyond my budget at the moment. Will have to give it further thought.