PDA

View Full Version : Cuts are offline

Andrew C
15-05-2022, 05:57 PM
I have just cut some slots for some clamps, the through cuts worked fine. I then ran a shallow cut for bolts outside the vector using the same vector and they where offline. I screwed the mdf down so it didnt move, any ideas why it didnt line up.

JAZZCNC
15-05-2022, 07:23 PM
Give us a bit more info.

#1 What was the vector. Single straight line or a Slot.?
#2 Was it the same tool size and number.
#3 Did you move material or reset X/Y zero.
#4 What software

Pics would be good

Andrew C
15-05-2022, 07:33 PM
It was a 7mm slot with semi circles at both ends, it was the same tools. I set the xyz between runs and the software is v carve pro. The material was screwde to the waste board. I will have to check if the waste board moved maybe.

JAZZCNC
15-05-2022, 07:58 PM
It was a 7mm slot with semi circles at both ends, it was the same tools. I set the xyz between runs and the software is v carve pro. The material was screwde to the waste board. I will have to check if the waste board moved maybe.

Highly likely you moved either x or y zero then.? Other less likely things could be

#1 Cam cockup
#2 Tool offset applied
#3 Material moved
#4 Tool offset applied
#5 Lost steps

Andrew C
15-05-2022, 08:01 PM
if I was routering inside and outside the same vector should I rehome and re touch probe inbetween each process.

JAZZCNC
15-05-2022, 08:32 PM
if I was routering inside and outside the same vector should I rehome and re touch probe inbetween each process.

If you don't move the material or part then you don't need to reset anything other than the Z height if you changed the tool. If you use the same tool then you don't need to do anything, just run your new code (provided you set the same X Y position in CAM)

If you move the material or part then you need to reset all axis.

Andrew C
15-05-2022, 08:39 PM
Great thanks for your help