PDA

View Full Version : NEW MEMBER: New Member New to CNC-Working on building my first machine

DWSomers
25-08-2022, 02:01 PM
Hello,
I joined this site to learn about CNC and machine design, software. I am also looking for someone who does drawing work to help with gantry plates and connecting brackets.

I have basic machining knowledge and a good mechanical aptitude. My background is in aircraft mechanics.

Thank you,
Donavon

Lee Roberts
12-10-2022, 09:47 PM
Hi Donavon welcome to the forum, I will keep my eye out for your posts regarding the drawing etc, I may be able to help you with that.

DWSomers
19-10-2022, 06:45 PM
Hi Donavon welcome to the forum, I will keep my eye out for your posts regarding the drawing etc, I may be able to help you with that.

Lee,
Thank you. I have actually started learning to use FreeCAD and have gotten my brackets drawn. I am now working on them to make sure my dimensioning is correct and going to have them 3D printed so I can make sure they are laid out properly before machining the actual brackets.

Thanks,
Donavon

Lee Roberts
21-10-2022, 10:59 AM
Hi Donavao,

Ok, well if you would like them making in Plastic or MDF etc to do some mock ups, I can help with that too, not sure on the pricing for 3dp parts these days...