PDA

View Full Version : help with motors

soyeb
27-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I am in the process of making a 4ftx9ft cnc machine and would like to know what is the best motor to handle this kind of size. also as i am relatively new to this board and to making a cnc, what type of things would effect what i need to get for a 4x9 foot cnc machine? to give you all a background i am looking at making a cnc from www.buildyourcnc.com and will be a 3 axis but bigger then the one on the site. It is to my undewrstanding that the bigger the size the more power is required by the stepper motors. Is there anything else which needs to be more "powerful" for this size machine?? more volts or a different type of driver boaard maybe??

thank you!!:tongue:

irving2008
27-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I am in the process of making a 4ftx9ft cnc machine and would like to know what is the best motor to handle this kind of size. also as i am relatively new to this board and to making a cnc, what type of things would effect what i need to get for a 4x9 foot cnc machine? to give you all a background i am looking at making a cnc from www.buildyourcnc.com (http://www.buildyourcnc.com) and will be a 3 axis but bigger then the one on the site. It is to my undewrstanding that the bigger the size the more power is required by the stepper motors. Is there anything else which needs to be more "powerful" for this size machine?? more volts or a different type of driver boaard maybe??

thank you!!:tongue:

have a look at this tutorial. While it doesnt cover the chain drive that he uses the basic issues are similar. The motor for a 9' machine conmpared to an 8' wont be any different so see what he recommends...