PDA

View Full Version : Y axis going only one way???

Mikes Planes
13-04-2023, 12:21 PM
Hi,
Sorry it's been a long time. I have had to save to get a new computer complete and that is not easy for me and to get it to France. I connected it up and I still have the problem with the Y axis going only one way??? I changed the wires over and it just goes in the other direction but only one way. I have the feeling the old computer is OK, not a good feeling. Any thoughts???
We are planning to move back to the UK, I don't think I can sell it if it does not work so I will take it to a scrap yard.

Mike

Robin Hewitt
19-04-2023, 02:29 PM
Could it be the DIR pin on the driver? That would fit the symptoms... :fat:

JohnHaine
20-04-2023, 07:20 AM
Two suggestions. First check that the direction signal is actually connected to the driver, there isn't a bad contact or a wire dropped off. Second, check the polarity of the step pulses in configuration, it may be that it is changing at the wrong point in time relative to the step pulses. You could also try flipping the polarity of the step pulses. I'm sure this will be an easy fix once you find the cause, even with the fault it would sell on ebay.

Mikes Planes
24-04-2023, 12:25 PM
I hve checked out the parallel port and on pins 2,3/4,5/8,9 0.00 on pins 6,7 4.4 these are the problem pins

Mike

JohnHaine
24-04-2023, 02:11 PM
So, you mean that pins 2,3,4,5,8,9 have 0v on them while pins 6 and 7 have +4.4v?

Have you checked the ports&pins configuration, and what is set for the Y axis there?

Especially in the "Dir Low Active" column?

Mikes Planes
05-05-2023, 11:04 AM
This just seems to go on and on. I bought a new break out board z/y ok xok but no movement a there is power to it but no signal?????
I have checked ports and pins it is 8/9 and there seem ok.
Mike