PDA

View Full Version : Lost interest a while ago

Crazy L
13-07-2023, 09:28 PM
Hi chaps. Not been here for quite some time, because I've lost any interest in the whole thing.

After almost 30 years in engineering as a job, I jacked in and went to do something else. While that was happening, I had also lost interest in my Denford Micromill, which:

I bought as a working machine in 2017, a week after my Mum died. I was convinced I wanted a machne for home to make my own rc car parts.
A year or two after that, the hard drive in the computer went. I replaced it but could only get hold of what I think is demo copy of Mach 3, I don't know, I downloaded off the website of the guys who deal with Mach 3 now. Some helpful chap in Horndean offered to help, and I never got round to taking him up on his offer.
So I had to set up the parameters from scratch, not a clue. My posts may still be on here, with me asking questions.
I started it up last year, just stared at it really, before turning it off again.
Powered it up this evening, the pc tower makes a horrible beeeep.........beeeep. noise.
I unplugged it again.

Basically, I've lost any interest and would like it gone. I have a few ER16 collets (not nasty ones), an engraving tool, a selection if DLC cutters, and a bucket of Aluminium also. What sort of price would I be looking to post it up at? I'll post pictures if requested, but I'm sure you all know what a Denford Micromill looks like.:friendly_wink:

Any help with this is massively appreciated.

Crazy L
15-07-2023, 05:57 PM
Not a problem folks. I'll be putting it up for sale this weekend hopefully, unless you have an 8v Mk2 Golf GTi in half decent nick, then maybe we could come to some sort of deal lol.

Muzzer
17-07-2023, 06:50 PM
Might help if you post those photos anyway.

Crazy L
19-07-2023, 05:37 PM
Indeed, was starting to think that myself.

Crazy L
19-07-2023, 05:43 PM
Some photos. they're not the best I'll admit, as I took them in a hurry to glean interest.

Crazy L
19-07-2023, 05:45 PM
Some more below:

Crazy L
19-07-2023, 05:46 PM
I've not taken a photo of the bucket of ali though. It's overflowing, with a couple of bits too big to fit in the bucket.

Crazy L
16-09-2023, 10:49 AM
OK. This was a while ago now, and while no one wants a thing that doesn't work per se, I know that you know it wouldn't take much to get going. Alas, just bought the PC from my mill in to the house, and I've got it to start up, but then it doesn't, then does, then it beeps, then it wont accept the password etc, and so it goes on. So it is the PC.....again.

Now, do I buy one of those 21 pin to usb adaptors, which I've only just seen do actually exist, hook it up to a laptop, install mach 3, set some basic pins up and have another go at selling, or just say to you guys: Hey, Denford Micromill, needs a controller, but has collets, cutters, and some ali, £500, come and get it?