PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a 2x4ft CNC router

dan_applebee
07-10-2023, 02:02 PM
Hi guys

I'm new to the forum, so firstly - hello!

I've just posted an intro on a appropriate page, but essentially I'm in the process of downsizing / moving out of my current workshop and making the business I started a few years ago into a side hustle and running it from my garage at home.

My current machine is a 8x4ft big thing, but I need to downsize to something at least a quarter of that size to fit it in my garage... I have to be honest as I don't know the smaller machine market that well so looking for some advice...

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations based on the following criteria:

I’m looking for a machine with:

Good reliability
Solid build
Working area of at least 610 x 1220mm
Variable speed spindle (min 18000 rpm)
Compatibility with / post processor available for V-carve Pro
Dust extraction built in (or at least a dust shoe that I can fit an external extractor to)
Self calibrating / Tool length measure / Material thickness measure
Preferably pre-built (although I will consider DIY build)
Good after sales support

Ideally in the future I’d like the option of adding/retro fitting (or possibly buying with if budget allows)

Auto tool changer
Vacuum Bed

Budget up to £4/5k - but the cheaper the better... (I'd rather spend £2-3k!!) and I’d prefer a UK/Europe/US made machine than Chinese... but I'm open to whatever really.

As a gauge I really like the look of stepcraft machines but they’re a bit pricey... Let me know if anyone has any pointers or recommendations!

Thanks in advance 👍🏻

PS - I’m also selling my 8x4ft machine - which I've posted over in the marketplace pages - if anyone is interested please DM me :)

Clive S
08-10-2023, 09:56 AM
Look up Jazzcnc on this forum he builds machines to order

dan_applebee
09-10-2023, 10:19 AM
Thanks Clive!