PDA

View Full Version : Mach3 Control Board out of pins to connect to for Homing and limits switches?

MCmec
24-02-2024, 02:32 PM

Tha above is the board I have and am currently using to control my CNC router. Only problem is I want to use limit switches and homing switches and require three free input pins to do so. Three of the input pins are already in use for 1: Emergency Stop, 2: Probe 3: Drivers. This only leaves one input pin left which is not enough is there a work around? I have two spare board so is it possible to somehow use these to extend the number of input pins I have or ?

JohnHaine
24-02-2024, 04:38 PM
First, I doubt that you could use additional boards as all the boards probably have the same USB address so Mach3 won't be able to distinguish between them.

The standard way to solve this problem is to wire all the limit switches (assuming microswitches) in series. As you will only be moving one axis at a time, if a switch is triggered you know which one it is. Look at the Mach3 manual.

Equally you are only homing one axis at a time (though homing isn't really needed).

MCmec
24-02-2024, 04:53 PM
First, I doubt that you could use additional boards as all the boards probably have the same USB address so Mach3 won't be able to distinguish between them.

The standard way to solve this problem is to wire all the limit switches (assuming microswitches) in series. As you will only be moving one axis at a time, if a switch is triggered you know which one it is. Look at the Mach3 manual.

Equally you are only homing one axis at a time (though homing isn't really needed).

So like in the picture and use my free input pin?32187

JohnHaine
24-02-2024, 05:05 PM
Exactly. Use a NC contact pair on each switch. If you don't have a NC use NO and connect in parallel.

MCmec
24-02-2024, 05:29 PM
Exactly. Use a NC contact pair on each switch. If you don't have a NC use NO and connect in parallel.

Great they are either NC or NO so ok on that point. So looks like I just need to fix the switches in position on the CNC and wire up. Thank you very much for your help... Fantastic!