PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk Site Forum App ?

M250cnc
20-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Big big thanks to Lee the site owner for persevering with me regarding Tapatalk.

What is Tapatalk, well you should all know as this is a technology site Tapatalk is an app for the Android and Iphone (Sad) smart phones, it allows you to log into your MYCNCUK account and view all the latest posts a cut down dedicated sort of browser thingy.

Tapatalk is free to view the forum, but you need the pro version to post but it is one of the cheaper things to buy when it comes to CNC related stuff.

It will also confuse your other half "Who do you keep texting" the technophobe said while i was watching my favourite program on satellite TV (How It's Made) of course.

I explained i wasn't texting i was posting on a forum (What's a forum) came the reply.:confused:

Give it a try.

Phil

Lee Roberts
20-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and SMF forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

http://184.72.239.143/mu/77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

http://184.72.239.143/mu/77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

http://184.72.239.143/mu/77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:
http://184.72.239.143/mu/77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

http://184.72.239.143/mu/77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

m_c
21-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Posting is free for Nokia users ;-)

I've used it, but now only use it while testing sites I've been asked to install it on, as I'm not a fan of the app.

M250cnc
21-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I've used it, but now only use it while testing sites I've been asked to install it on, as I'm not a fan of the app.

Please enlighten us.

Phil

m_c
21-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Just personal preference, probably stemming from the security issues with the earlier versions of tapatalk.

Lee Roberts
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Just updated this to the new version, any problems let me know.

Change log:

1. Basic BBcode support(pending update from iphone / android)
2. Basic smilies support (pending update from iphone / android)
3. Image multi-upload to forum server (pending update from iphone / android)
4. Set avatar support(pending update from iphone / android)

There are lots of new features in this release and we will implement them in iphone/android side soon, holpfully we will publish them in next one to two weeks.

Update for 2.1.3
3.7: fix prefix issue
3.8: fix some forum can not login issue.

Lee

M250cnc
07-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Lee,

Great Work

Phil

Lee Roberts
14-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Just updated this to the new version, any problems let me know.

Change log:

1. fix [AME] tag not parsed correctly issue
2. fix login issue of Arabic forums
3. mark subforum read support
4. fix other minor bugs
5. fixed the remove attachment issue (the new attachment multi-upload feature is in progress for iphone/android side)
6. fixed change avatar issue

Lee

Lee Roberts
11-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi,

Just to let you know i have updated this to the new version (2.2.2) as always, any problems do let me know here.

The change log is quite big for this update:

1. fixed [AME] tag not parsed correctly issue
2. fixed login issue of Arabic forums
3. fixed mark subforum read support
4. fixed other minor bugs
5. fixed the remove attachment issue (multi-upload feature is in progress for iphone/android)
6. fixed change avatar issue for vb4.x
7. improved participated topics performance
8. fixed bcc recipient will be displayed issue
9. support pagination for subscribed topic(waiting for app implement)
10. unread_announce_count/unread_sticky_count(waiting for app implement)
11. will check passwrod expire and ban status when login
12. reply/edit post performance improvement
13. email/shot/indent bbcode support
14. latest topic pagination support
15. support subscribed topic notification in android tapatalk (waiting for app support)
16. fixed "user's topics" return old topics issue
17. fixed password expire check bug
18. fixed image upload issue on some forum's
19. fixed PM text is messed up issue in some charset.

Lee

Lee Roberts
01-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Just to let you know i have just updated this to the latest version (4.6.0) as always, any problems do let me know here.

There is quite a jump in version number, so I've not listed all the changes/fix's this version brings, however I have made good "Push Notification" it looks as though this has always worked but I have now setup proper API access, not sure at this point what exactly the difference will be but I'm told "This key will be used to validate Push Notification request from your server. This is optional but recommended."

Enjoy!

Lee Roberts
08-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Just updated this to 4.8.1 guys.

Update notes:
- Fix potential duplicate file include problem.
- Fix bug of jumping to wrong post when entering from participated/timeline/unread
- Add debug mode for quicker support
- Remove log file generation
- Remove system version for security purpose

.Me

irving2008
08-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Lee,

Will this still work ok with v2 client? There seems to be a big backlash on the latest client re ads and having now to pay for functionality that was previously free. I've resisted upgrading client so far.

Lee Roberts
16-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Just spoted this on the TapaTalk forum:

Hi Android users,

We understand that there is some confusion surrounding our product offering and roadmap during the past few months, multiple versions of the app, different price points, beta versions, and of course the move from paid to free, that wasn't communicated effectively.

We just wanted to clarify that we intended to make it simple for once and for all that there will be only one product going forward. While it is very difficult to catch up with the changes and fast pace of the Android world (which is also why Android is winning over iOS in many markets...) given the size of our team and the limited resource / funding, we needed to simplify our offerings.

What we did earlier this week was simply set the original paid app to a free app, at the same time upgrading all users (existing paid users, and future free users) to the latest version of Tapatalk, which provides exactly the same features as the previous paid version, with a newer interface that works for Android 4.0+ OS. We also released a direct APK for users to download the original version in case they need more time to transition to the new version.

We also renamed the HD version to Pro, but more accurately the Pro app is tablet optimized, along with a third-party Photo Editor built-in, both features are not found in the original paid app, since this is essentially an all new product. You may use the tablet app on a phone as well, but you will never be forced to pay twice for for a phone optimized Tapatalk app.

In essence, for existing paid users, I just want to thank you for your support this product, although now people can download the paid app for free, I want to make sure that the Tapatalk experience continue to be great, even though it is now a free app.

We will also be providing refund to any users who purchase the original version of Tapatalk after September 1st, 2013. If you are eligible, send us your purchase receipt / order number and we will schedule a refund for you on Google Play.

Once again on behalf of the Tapatalk team we are aiming to communicate better in the future, but looking forward we will continue to build a great product on this great platform!

- Winter

Link: https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/sorry-we-confused-you.20939

So it now looks as though you can download and use the Free version, with the option of going to the new paid version for tablet support.

Just thought i would let others know, who, like me could use the mobile app (now the free version) but didnt really want to pay for it or just continued to use the desktop version of the site on mobile devices or indeed the mobile device style for the forum.

.Me

Lee Roberts
21-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Hi,

Just to let you know that today, we updated Tapatalk to the latest version. Enjoy!

.Me

Lee Roberts
01-10-2019, 09:07 PM
Just updated this to the newest version, any problems let me know.

Change log:
- Updated smartbanner to use native Android and IOS
- Removed twitter and facebook metatag support.
- Moved Google indexing from forum ACP to Tapatalk Siteowner's console
- Reviewed code to comply with GPDR
- Optimized process to update expired password in app

- Removed deprecated function get_topic_participants
- Optimized push notification process
- optimized get_thread function query that can cause slow queries in some site configurations.
- Fixed bound account SSO login issue

Version 5.7.4