PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Boxford Mark 1 Duet for sale

torrington
25-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Great Torrington School, Design and Technology Department has a Boxford Duet for sale. This combined CNC Lathe and Milling Machine is versatile. It comes with original software, set of milling tools, operating manual and 4 introduction projects.
It runs on windows 98 and was working until last September when it was put into dry storage to make room for a router. Before storage it was used as a CNC Milling Machine to make small projects using Techsoft Mill Design. The software is a 2.5D package based on 2D Design where layers for the depth are set using different colours. It comes with all cables, CNC controller box, some tools and software. It can be upgraded by Boxford to use “Geo” and networked windows. Offers in the region of £1000. Sold as seen.
4064 406540664068

torrington
11-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi Gordon I've sent you an email any other questions just email me.

Rabs
20-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Hi,
Is this still for sale?

torrington
20-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi,
Is this still for sale?

It certainly is Rabs. I was just setting it up as a lathe using windows XP in windows 97 compatabiltiy mode. The software was easy to load but i haven't tested it yet because my work load hasn't allowed me. I am not back to work until September so I wont be able to test it before then. If you buy it, it will be as sold as seen. It has been working in the past but that was about this time last year. After building a 3D router this is a much safer bet to spend time getting this working under compatibility mode. If you have any further questions please let me know. All the best.

Rabs
16-08-2012, 01:01 PM
For some reason I don't seem to be able to send you a PM to discuss this further. Please could you email me

MODERATOR NOTE:
email address redacted, should be able to PM now.

John S
21-07-2017, 07:10 PM
You might have posted on the 21.7.2017 but the advert goes back to 2011 and he's replied to you in previous posts.

Why is it that this forum out of all the ones on the web seems to attract the tyre kickers from the last century ?

cropwell
23-07-2017, 09:32 AM
You might have posted on the 21.7.2017 but the advert goes back to 2011 and he's replied to you in previous posts.

Why is it that this forum out of all the ones on the web seems to attract the tyre kickers from the last century ?

Maybe, just Maybe that if items for sale threads were removed when the item has been sold, or six months after original posting, we wouldn't get this inadvertent resurrection of dead threads.

magicniner
23-07-2017, 05:18 PM
I'm never a fan of deletion of information, why not just lock the threads?

cropwell
23-07-2017, 05:54 PM
I don't know how the forum software works, but there should be some warning on posting on an old thread. Yes, I agree about the deletion of information, but most For Sale and Wanted and RFQ threads have little info in them, so they could be time limited and marked as Expired perhaps ?

Lee Roberts
23-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Maybe, just Maybe that if items for sale threads were removed when the item has been sold, or six months after original posting, we wouldn't get this inadvertent resurrection of dead threads.

The option is there for the OP to go back and edit the thread title, we have a "SOLD" tag available and its often used, I normally edit them when I see the situation...not everyone dose though.

I'm never a fan of deletion of information, why not just lock the threads?

NOOO content is king, I agree we cant go deleting threads.

Closing threads after an age sounds like a plan, its also commonplace on forums to do that, its a good way of making people start new threads, new content is king :joyous:

I don't know how the forum software works, but there should be some warning on posting on an old thread. Yes, I agree about the deletion of information, but most For Sale and Wanted and RFQ threads have little info in them, so they could be time limited and marked as Expired perhaps ?

As far as I can tell its not supported out of the box, however as I said above its commonplace to do this and as such I dont even need to code my own: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243402

I could also add a notice box like the one in the RFQ section:

<vb:if condition="$show['member'] AND $GLOBALS[forumid] == '194' AND $post[postcount] == '1'">
<li class="postbit postbitim">
<div class="postbody">
<div class="postrow">
<h2 class="posttitle">Forum Notice:</h2>
<div class="content">Discussions in this sub-forum are disabled; please respond to this request by contacting the author privately.</div>
</div>
</div>
</vb:if>

We can change what it says obviously.