View Full Version : Switch for motor?

26-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi guys,
I have recently bought a tapping machine with a 3 phase motor. I have changed the motor to single phase. The spec of the motor is as follows:
I need to buy a green and red push bottom switch to attach to the machine but have no idea of the technical name for it? Any ideas? A link to website would be appreciated too.
Thanks guys.

Robin Hewitt
26-06-2012, 08:12 PM
It's a "motor starter", ebay is full of them but you need to disallow "starter motor" when you search

26-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Or search for a 'DOL' as they are also known as

Web Goblin
27-06-2012, 06:28 AM
If the motor is only 0.18KW then you dont actually need a starter. Control gear is only required for motors with ratings above 0.37KW if I remember correctly.

27-06-2012, 03:37 PM
You don't need a starter switch for such a small motor but it is a good idea to use a "no volt release" or NVR switch so that the motor won't restart after a power cut.
For example this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-KJD-NVR-SWITCH-6AMP-NO-VOLT-RELEASE-SWITCH-/280908179527?pt=UK_Crafts_Other_Crafts_EH&hash=item41676ea847)