PDA

View Full Version : Mach3 Easy Question For The Experienced

Carlb1058
06-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Are the attached images correct? I'm trying to get the probe to work and it either A) spins the motor when the tool hits it or B) does squat. So I had a look in diag and noticed this while I was muckin about.

Ta in advance

Jonathan
07-04-2013, 11:15 AM
When the probe touches, the digitise input is on, so that's fine. The only thing I don't like in that screenshot is their spelling of digitise!
The fact you get different results each time the tool touches implies you might have a problem with interference. How is the probe connected and are you using shielded cable?

Also, U notice you have the kernel frequency set to 35kHz. Are you sure it needs to be that high, as Mach3 is likely to be more stable if you run it on 25kHz. I doubt that's causing any problems with the probe.

Carlb1058
07-04-2013, 01:02 PM
When the probe touches, the digitise input is on, so that's fine. The only thing I don't like in that screenshot is their spelling of digitise!
The fact you get different results each time the tool touches implies you might have a problem with interference. How is the probe connected and are you using shielded cable?

Also, U notice you have the kernel frequency set to 35kHz. Are you sure it needs to be that high, as Mach3 is likely to be more stable if you run it on 25kHz. I doubt that's causing any problems with the probe.

35KHz is manufacturers specs but hey it's a strange machine ;)
The probe is connected to a connection (logical place for it) on the back of the controller box, as for the spelling, if you look at Mach3 it's got spelling errors everywhere :disturbed:

martin54
07-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe they should produce a UK version of mach3 with all the correct spelling lol

Ricardoco
07-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Maybe they should produce a UK version of mach3 with all the correct spelling lol Hey martin are you still using the old version of mach??

Your can change it in mine........

He He He:whistle:

Rick

:hysterical::joker::hysterical:

John S
07-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Carl,
You are using the US screen for Mach,
You need to OZ screen.

http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk/files/mach_diagnostic.jpg

Carlb1058
07-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Carl,
You are using the US screen for Mach,
You need to OZ screen.

http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk/files/mach_diagnostic.jpg

ermm I'm not Australian, and the bulk of the feaures I'd never use, I don't drink so XXXX is out, I hate the beach so surfing and sharks is out, I hate spiders and snakes so they're out too, I live in suburbia so koalas are out, everyone I know is also not Australian so ocker is out, I use a kettle so that makes billy redundant, I can't chunder (seriously) so that's out, about the only one that may come in handy is kangaroo coz this things had me bouncing off the walls of late :whistle:

martin54
08-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Why isn't there a Bruce ?? There has to be a Bruce if it's the Australian version, think it's compulsory.

John S
08-04-2013, 12:39 AM
OK you are right, Bruce it is instead of digitise.

http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk/files/mach_diagnostic1.jpg

martin54
08-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Sorry John, you will need to change that again, Mocha has just reminded me about rule 6