PDA

View Full Version : SWAP: Hobbymat Lathe For CNC

palmerlad
11-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi, I'm new with no money and trying to get started in CNC. ;-) I have a little Hobbymat metal lathe that I acquired from a closing school. I have no clue how to use it but it appears to work. Was going to give it away, as postage from N Ireland isn't appealing to most but I thought Id try on here.

Looking to get started in CNC and if there is someone with unwanted/unloved/part built machine they'd consider swapping. Let me know. I'm looking for a small machine, PCB milling maybe. Cutting G20 for model aircraft bits, for sure. Prefer not a broken Chinese machine. lol

Anyway, Im new here so hello to all :-)

Thank you for good site.

Clive S
12-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Welcome to the forum and join the club:yahoo: You could start by reading the build logs and you might be able to make a small cnc with time and help from the friendly folk on here. Good Luck ..Clive

palmerlad
12-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Thank you do the reply . yes am looking at building my own small machine, reckon it would be more fun than buying anyway. Just a bit at a time I reckon when funds are short. Thought I'd see of anyone fancied a little lathe as I have no use for it. Will keep on reading and see if there's anything at the scrap yard I can turn into a frame :-) thank you for the support. Its a fun site.