PDA

View Full Version : Vice / vices for Denford Triac

suesi34e
21-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Dear all,

I may ring Denford but I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone has hadsome firsthand experience.

I have a Denford Triac and am looking to buy some vices for it. I would like to have one big vice for holding a single job and two or preferably three for holding small parts that I would fit to a plate and mount the plate to the table. My concerns are I do not know what the table can take weight wise without overloading the machine. I have found the following size precision vices that are sized and weigh as follows:

W80mm Opening jaw 100mm Overall length 200mm weighs 5.6kg
W100mm Opening jaw 125mm Overall length 245mm weighs 10kg

They seem very heavy for a small table I guess if I was to use a large vice Icould run it the length of the table say so the moving jaw is to the right.

Any help here will be great, many thanks in advance

Suesi

dazza
21-02-2014, 08:38 PM
are these any good?scroll down to type 1 and 2
Super X3 Milling Vices - Arc Euro Trade (http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Machines-Accessories/Milling-Machines/Model-Super-X3-Mill/Super-X3-Milling-Vices)

suesi34e
21-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi deisel

Thank you for taking the time to give this some thought and you help. The linktakes you to the vices I was thinking of and that the weights I mention referto that being the Type 1 vices. My problem is if I was to have two or three onthe table with a piece of plate that has to be 13 to 18 kg before I even thinkof jobs in the vices and that seem a lot but I just do not know really. Ishould have mentioned the vices that I was thinking of! To re-cap it are thetype 1 vices from Arc Euro Trade.

Many thanks

suesi

dazza
21-02-2014, 10:10 PM
it might be worth talking to the lad in this thread its only 3 posts long he,s from the uk hes using a triac like yourself and seems to be useing one of those vices from arc and the likes,
i dont own a denford so cant help ;)
Build Thread Machined and Iphone5 (http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general-metalwork-discussion/210848-machined-iphone5.html)

m_c
21-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Probably worth asking over on the Denford forum - Denford Software & Machines • Index page (http://www.denfordata.com/bb/)

suesi34e
22-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Hi deisel,
I have had a look at that link very good work he does, I will contact him Ithink thanks very much for the heads up on that. It was very observant of youto spot the link / machine he was using so quickly after I made the post.
Appreciate your time looking out for what would interest me.
All the best
Steve

suesi34e
22-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Hi deisel,
I have had a look at that link very good work he does, I will contact him Ithink thanks very much for the heads up on that. It was very observant of youto spot the link / machine he was using so quickly after I made the post.
Appreciate your time looking out for what would interest me.
All the best
Steve

suesi34e
22-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Hi m_c

I think I will ask Denford sound a good idea to me! Thanks for your reply to my post

Suesi