PDA

View Full Version : Auto Square the gantry

D-man
19-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi Guys, looking for a little help on this one, may possibly be a falt with the BOB i dunno...

OK i have to motors running on the X. When I try to Home, only one switch works, obviously because one switch is not lit. (Its wired properly as ive swapped it out and put in in another input and works fine)

I just cant seem to get this thing actve, Ive activated it in P&P & Home/Soft Limits.

Setup is as follows:

Z - IN 1
Y - IN 2
X1 - IN 3
X2 - IN 4 (Which is all activated, but will still not come to life)

Running on a uniport

Cheers

Ger21
19-10-2014, 05:08 PM
What do you mean by "Input 1"? You don't assign home switches to inputs?

Go to General Config and uncheck "Home Slave with Master".

D-man
19-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi Gerry,

Really? are the ones in the picture only for Limit switches?

I have unchecked "Home slave with master"

That remionds me, is there a way to recover my screenset from you. i bought it a while back and since lost and upgraded my pc.http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13659&stc=1

Ger21
19-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I thought you were referring to input 1 in Mach3, not on your board.

Does it work with "Home Slave with Master" unchecked?

Send me an email and I'll resend the screenset to you.

EddyCurrent
19-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Are the home switches normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) ?
If NC you wire the X,Y,Z in series then into one input of the bob, then A (the slaved X) into another input of the bob
If NO you wire them in parrallel then into one input of the bob, then A (the slaved X) into another input of the bob

You can see how my NO inductive proximity switches are connected here (bottom left corner);
http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/6565-Ready-Steady-Eddy?p=57622#post57622

D-man
19-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Thanks Gerry, would you like me to send it from the one i would of used with Paypal to prove i have purchased it?

Yeah the motors all work as they should. its only when it comes to homing and that home switch not being active or whatever reason

D-man
19-10-2014, 06:07 PM
oh i didnt go that far buddy... i just put each one on their own input in the bob.

i dont understand it every other switch works bar this one on the A axis