PDA

View Full Version : Wiring limit switches

Janste
09-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Hi all
just trying to figure how to wire up limit switches to my 3040 Chinese cnc
i have the T-D 3 axis controller box
i have just open edit up and have looked everywhere to see if I can find where to connect
any help much appreciated
also anyone know what the little socket is on the back?
looks like a little 5 v socket
many thanks

EddyCurrent
09-02-2015, 11:17 PM
If it has an emergency stop button you could wire them in series with that. You need a spring return switch or a push button connected across them to act as an override if the machine operates them.

Janste
09-02-2015, 11:36 PM
It does have an emergency stop button
is it as simple as just removing one wire from the emergency stop button and wiring the limit switches ad a daisy chain ( in series) from that wire back to the board?

JAZZCNC
10-02-2015, 12:40 AM
It does have an emergency stop button
is it as simple as just removing one wire from the emergency stop button and wiring the limit switches ad a daisy chain ( in series) from that wire back to the board?

Yes it is that easy if you want it to be. Like Eddy says you'll need some way to get off the switches so you'll need an override momentary switch you can hold down to by-pass the limits while you ride off the switch.
On the other hand if you use a separate switch for limits you can use mach's auto limit override feature which allows you to reset and back off the switch without a override switch. This can't be done if you wire in series with E-stop as the E-stop input will never reset so won't allow a reset.

Janste
10-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the reply's
I am following most of it lol
I am running Mach3
I like the sound of the separate switch for limits so I can use Mach's auto limit override
I have watched the Mach3 limit setting video a few times and it seems ok to follow
what I cant fathom is how/where to put the separate switch and how to wire up at the box
thanks again guys