PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: DC Motor controllers - 24v and 36v up to 160A

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I have a few DC motor speed controllers lying around, some used and some new.

Mainly 24V DC - 125A - Forward, reverse, current limit adjustable, acceleration and de-acceleration adjustable, speed controlled by either a 0-5v signal or 0-5 ohm.

Also have a few 36V DC 160A boards, similar features to above.

If anyone is interested I can post more details, just let me know.

BillTodd
02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Are these fast enough to be servo amps or are they just for speed control?

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 12:52 PM
OK, thinking about it probably the most suited ones i have are the following -

Four quadrant controller for PM DC motors - 200A

Mainly because they are fully programmable through the buttons and display on the front.

Datasheet is here - http://www.italseasrl.it/inglese/pdf/7CH4Q200.pdf

The 200A current limit can be adjusted down to whatever you need and they are switchable between 24V and 36V.

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Well I paid £190 for them, how does half price sound? £95 for just the board or £100 with a matching 24V or 36V contactor.

Do you want me to pre wire the molex connector for the control wiring with a few flying leads on or do you want to fit it yourself? I have all the correct crimping tools for the pins that's all. Either way its included in the price.

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Another option....

I am currently in the early stages of building a machine, need a few parts.....

Motor couplings
Stepper mounts (but i think John S is sorting these, seeing him tomorrow)
Bearing mounts for 16mm ballscrew
etc etc

What about a swap of some description????

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I have sorted the driver boards out etc, getting them from Roy at DIYCNC and I have heard so many good things about him that I do not want to mess him around as he is making them up as we speak.

But the Z axis may be an option......

I already have some THK linear rail (20mm) and bearings, not got the screw yet as not happy with my Z axis design.

What do you have in mind???

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
This is what I am building..... bed size 1000 x 600, trying to get 130-150mm travel on z
http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/photoplog/images/680/medium/1_Router_4_front_a.jpg

John S
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Stepper mounts (but i think John S is sorting these, seeing him tomorrow)

You can put that bloody fag out for a start.

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I already have reversed the rail on the Z after reading one of your previous posts!

The height of the gantry plate is 150mm plus the linear rail height which is 15.5mm top and bottom.

By the way, thats my Y axis, X is the longer travel on the bed, please lets not get into that argument again....!:confused:

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Kip,

Had another thought.... as well as looking at the z axis I will need my two gantry side frames cutting, approx size at this stage which looks like it is not going to change is starting from a cut piece which is 500mm x 300mm x 20mm Aluminium. Once I have seen John S then I can finish putting all of the holes in the design which I would need putting into the frames also.

How many of these controllers did you say you wanted...!!!

If I had a choice out of the Z axis or side frames I would say make me the side frames. But really I dont want a choice, would be good if you could do both and I am sure we can come to some arrangement.!

HiltonSteve
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Not to bothered whether you have the controllers or not but I really am bothered about getting my gantry sideframes cut!

Have cash (or Hobnobs) will travel.....!!!

I could get them done locally but why not keep it in the family!

By the way, tell your tank man that I have some very nice brand spanking new 160A sepex motor controllers and also a couple of AC motor controllers together with matching AC motor wheel unit that run of DC battery's.