PDA

View Full Version : can these be used?

1258mccal
09-05-2015, 03:57 PM
hello everyone this is my 1st post, I've got 6 of these motors think they are servo motors I got then from a vending machine they are product motors they turn the auger that throws the selection out. I'm not sure what the circuit board is for the black switch I think let's the machine know when the auger has to stop.

are these motors any good for a cnc machine I think the idea for building machine that builds machines is great making a cnc would be a great achievement.

thanks in advance for any help

magicniner
10-05-2015, 01:12 AM
The motors have one positive and one negative connection, they are normal DC motors with custom control boards for their specific application, they are not stepper motors.
Unless you can work out how to build a control system for the motor units your best bet is to file them under B1N and purchase known components,

- Nick

1258mccal
10-05-2015, 09:28 AM
cheers nick I'm going to try build a cnc at no cost just using resources around me going to be hard but nothings impossible :) just need to work out the electonics first

i2i
10-05-2015, 11:12 AM
agreed, looks like a dc motor/gearbox with a cam operated control switch. Has a million uses, but unfortunately an axis motor is not it's ideal application

1258mccal
10-05-2015, 11:55 AM
cheers fellas I'm hoping to make a cnc for free big try but there's loads of free stuff out there just need to ask people, well these motors might need stored in local government recycling.....