PDA

View Full Version : 3D printed Homes and Limits bracket

cropwell
16-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi,

I just thought I might share with you a mini-project.
I was aware that my Homes and Limits switches were rather clumsily mounted, so I designed and printed some brackets.

Picture 1 shows the kit of parts, but the more observant* of you may note that Pic 2 has a design change of one component. The T-strip was altered to allow it to be put into the profile from the top.
Pic 3 shows the holes for the M4 nuts which were pressed in with a pair of locking pliers as per Pic 4.

Pics 5 and 6 show one I made earlier mounted and working. The inductive sensor works fine against the aluminium of the profile and the limits microswitch is put on the plastic columns and then they are melted down onto the switch with the side of a soldering iron. The trigger on the side of the profile actuates the limits switch about 6mm after the Home position.

*( Clive – Shithouse Rats!)

Cheers,

Rob179501795117952179531795417955

Clive S
16-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Rob Why do you use separate switches ? And do you need a passport to get to cloud cuckoo land?

cropwell
16-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Rob Why do you use separate switches ? And do you need a passport to get to cloud cuckoo land?
The Homes are NO switches and the limits are NC, but I like a bit of separation so if I jog past the home position after homing, then I have a little time to take my finger off the key without going through the 'set override and jog off the limit' procedure.

I have always lived in Cloud Cuckoo Land and that State of Mind doesn't issue passports. My house, however, is in Cropwell Bishop, a small village in South Nottinghamshire.

Cheers,
Rob

Clive S
16-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Rob Have you thought about setting soft limits up and set them to just before the home switch then you could not jog past the switch.
The only problem with that is you have to remember to turn them on with Mach3 after you have homed.

cropwell
16-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Rob Have you thought about setting soft limits up and set them to just before the home switch then you could not jog past the switch.
The only problem with that is you have to remember to turn them on with Mach3 after you have homed.
I am happy with the way I do it, but when I have the intellectual wherewithal, I will investigate your suggestion, but for now I have to get cutting, I have to make a harmonica case for my teachers' 70th Birthday present, I have 3 weeks to do it !!

Cheers,

Rob