. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Ive looked at Building a power supply but "NO", I have no time, and No inclenation to build one so, Im looking to buy a power supply to run 4 x nema23 4nm motors on the front of 4 x MA860H drivers.

The Drivers spec:-
    2MA860H Features:
    - High performance, cost-effective
    - Supply voltage up to DC(24-110V) AC(50-80V)
    - Output current up to 7.2A
    - Self-adjustment technology
    - Pure-sinusoidal current control technology
    - Pulse input frequency up to 200 KHz
    - TTL compatible and optically isolated input
    - Automatic idle-current reduction
    - 15 selectable resolutions in decimal and binary, up to 12,800 steps/rev
    - Suitable for 2-phase motors
    - Support PUL/DIR and CW/CCW modes
    - Short-voltage, over-voltage, over-current protections

Any sources or suggestions would be magic.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

since the drivers support ac why not just wire them up to a transformer, its not exactly building a power supply

Toroidal Transformer 625va 0 55v 0 55v
    this 625VA toroidal would provide 55VAC @11.4A

they also have 800VA & 1000VA ones available (1000VA giving 18.2A)

btw im not exactly an electronics guru so hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members can chime in

Quote Originally Posted by jonnydeen View Post
    since the drivers support ac why not just wire them up to a transformer, its not exactly building a power supply

Toroidal Transformer 625va 0 55v 0 55v
    this 625VA toroidal would provide 55VAC @11.4A

they also have 800VA & 1000VA ones available (1000VA giving 18.2A)

btw im not exactly an electronics guru so hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members can chime in
    Hi, well jonathan did hint at a similar idea and i did look for the diagram that i had heard was here but to no avail, but an unregulated power supply just flies in the face of what my brain tells me, S0 i just thought there must be an off the shelf solution, but from the lack of responses it appears Jazz is not the only one being silent here tonight

Mind you not sure about the "Normally Despatched" "1-2 Months bit on the link you sent me lol

Rick
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 13-11-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Rick, I'm not an expert but this may help, Taken from the leadshine AM882 driver manual.

Both regulated and unregulated power supplies can be used to supply the drive. However,
    unregulated power supplies are preferred due to their ability to withstand current surge. If regulated
    power supplies (such as most switching supplies.) are indeed used, it is important to have large
    current output rating to avoid problems like current clamp, for example using 4A supply for 3A
    motor-drive operation. On the other hand, if unregulated supply is used, one may use a power supply
    of lower current rating than that of motor (typically 50%~70% of motor current). The reason is that
    the drive draws current from the power supply capacitor of the unregulated supply only during the
    ON duration of the PWM cycle, but not during the OFF duration. Therefore, the average current
    withdrawn from power supply is considerably less than motor current. For example, two 3A motors
    can be well supplied by one power supply of 4A rating

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Rick, I'm not an expert but this may help, Taken from the leadshine AM882 driver manual.

Both regulated and unregulated power supplies can be used to supply the drive. However,
    unregulated power supplies are preferred due to their ability to withstand current surge. If regulated
    power supplies (such as most switching supplies.) are indeed used, it is important to have large
    current output rating to avoid problems like current clamp, for example using 4A supply for 3A
    motor-drive operation. On the other hand, if unregulated supply is used, one may use a power supply
    of lower current rating than that of motor (typically 50%~70% of motor current). The reason is that
    the drive draws current from the power supply capacitor of the unregulated supply only during the
    ON duration of the PWM cycle, but not during the OFF duration. Therefore, the average current
    withdrawn from power supply is considerably less than motor current. For example, two 3A motors
    can be well supplied by one power supply of 4A rating

That sorts that out then, So where can i get a nice large High current terroidal from then... Soon LOL the trouble is ive now got to get caps, wire, case, switch, blah blah blah.. But hey-ho i suppose..

Regards Rick

I've got a spare one and the rest of the bits...will contact you about it.

This is the diagram I sent to Ricardoco in case anyone else wants it:
    Untitled Page
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Rick Jazz emailed me all the stuff for the transformer & the control box. It's on the other computer but will sort it out & send it to you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Rick Jazz emailed me all the stuff for the transformer & the control box. It's on the other computer but will sort it out & send it to you tomorrow.
    Cheers Martin..

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I've got a spare one and the rest of the bits...will contact you about it.

This is the diagram I sent to Ricardoco in case anyone else wants it:
    Untitled Page

thanks for that link jonathan, i'm acctually still no wiser, dunno how everyone else feels... i think my brain has stopped working recently :/

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    i think my brain has stopped working recently :/
    Doubt I can help then ;)

Is there something specific you're not sure about?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information