. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Been learning Aspire for some CAM work, it seems to have a bug with simple circles where it generates G-Code with hundreds of straight lines?

Here is a simple test file - it contains two paths, first is a square with 10mm radiused corners which works perfectly. The second is a simple circle and as you can see it has used loads of straight lines this time.

Profile 2.tap.zip

Can this be fixed at all, I am using the post for Mach3 with Arcs and ATC.

Thanks

Dave can you post the Aspire file up?

I have just drawn a simple circle in Aspire and put it through the MAch3 post without any problems.

Have you done the cad in Aspire or imported from another cad package there is a command to close vectors with a smooth curve
    Last edited by Clive S; 09-07-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Daft question, maybe, but did you draw the circle in Aspire or import a dxf from elsewhere? I had similar problems a little while ago because I had saved the dxf in the wrong version so it ended up as a series of line segments rather than arcs.

Hi

the file was just a quick mess about for testing the motion on my mill conversion project.

It was all done inside Aspire.

File attached

Test junk.zip

I just made a similar file in my CAD app and converted it in Aspire and its just as bad, converted in SheetCam and its perfect - about 15 lines of code :)

Seems to be an aspire bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I just made a similar file in my CAD app and converted it in Aspire and its just as bad, converted in SheetCam and its perfect - about 15 lines of code :)

Seems to be an aspire bug?
    Dave when I draw a circle in my Aspire it is fine when I did another circle on your drawing it is also fine. Did you draw the circle in Aspire
    The post I am using is Mach2_3_Arcs_mm.pp
    Last edited by Clive S; 10-07-2016 at 09:49 AM.
    ..Clive

Yes i drew it in aspire, same post here although i tweaked it a little to suit my machine but only in the end code i think.

Aspire does the same thing when i import a circle from my CAD app.

Lives in Rotherham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 51 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,021. Received thanks 230 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    I'm not familiar with Aspire but most CAM applications have an option for lines or arcs as some old controllers don't support arcs.
    If you select a "lines, not arcs" output option in CAM the results are as described,

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Yes i drew it in aspire, same post here although i tweaked it a little to suit my machine but only in the end code i think.

Aspire does the same thing when i import a circle from my CAD app.
    On reading further. I have read that if you stretch a circle in Aspire it changes to segmented lines.
    ..Clive

You must have modified the circle in some way.

If I export g-code for your circle, it uses G1 segment.
    If I draw a new circle over the top of your, and export g-code, I get G2/G3 moves.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information