. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I will be using all screen cable and there is an EMI filter fitted for the VFD.
    I also have some extra metal cable sheathing to enclose the VFD wires in.
    I was planning on moving the VFD display up on to the face of the cabinet, by extending the cables.
    Like Gary said its better I thought to keep it out of the dusty etc and keep all electrics in one secure cabinet.

Ian
    Life is best lived @ G0......

My invertor is in the control cabinet and it has been OK. I made sure the power cables and signal cables were separated, cables were shielded etc. I also used a filter on the invertor power input side.

You will need air outlets at the top of the cabinet, plus I added a vent to the left of the invertor next to the fan so it drew in air from outside directly into it.

On your circuit diagram it looks OK from a quick look point of view, but be aware that the e-stop method you are using can be viewed as less safe. It just tells the breakout board/software that something bad has happened and you are relying on software to stop the motors.

It's a bit more work, and there are plenty of threads on here showing how it can be done, but it is considered safer to have the e-stop trip out a relay, which in turn trips out a contactor which stops mains going into the power supplies, thereby stopping the motors 'physically'. The e-stop relay also has extra terminals which inform the software to stop sending pulses.
    You need to configure the relay to have a latching function, or use a Pilz type unit (purpose built, but more expensive).

I ran my previous machine for years in the software only e-stop mode, as you have it, but I'm glad I have the hard stop method setup now for the extra safety.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thread Information