. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i now plan use it first time with mach 4 with new cnc from china
    i already bought all parts and take them with me to china
    next month ill be there to test on machine
    first question is about stability, i use spindle ,3 axis ,magazine with servo motors ,drill head with 12 tool s on it
    i plan use the pokeys57 with 5 relay cards and use all optional inputs
    most i fried is from noise and stack machine
    second is very strange to me is that there no input for encoders to controller ,that mean even i use servo motors ,the encoder input only to the servo motor driver ,and not any conection to mach4 to see real position
    thks
    yaakov

Quote Originally Posted by yaakovKatz View Post
    second is very strange to me is that there no input for encoders to controller ,that mean even i use servo motors ,the encoder input only to the servo motor driver ,and not any conection to mach4 to see real position
    The only low cost controls that can run in true closed loop are LinuxCNC, and Dynomotions KMotionCNC.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by yaakovKatz View Post
    hi
    im also start use pokey with mach 4 ,im also from israel
    call me we can advise
    yaakov
    tel 972 50 4242775
    [email protected]
    I have a new (never used) pokey57cnc with 4 driver for sale i tel aviv if you interested to buy!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

send me yours phone please

Hi Boyan,

My name is Dimitris and i am writing you because i did the same mistake... I used 8 pokeys57cnc cards to construct 8 similar 3-axis cnc machines for a customer. I trust these new for me cards because in the past i have successfully constructed a lot of cnc machines, using a tiny mach3 parallel communication board and mach3 software. And i can sure you that these machines are still working perfectly aftes 10 years of working without any kind of problem.
    Now i am really sitting on fire because i have the same problems as you. The axis not always stops in the given position. Sometimes stops correctly and other times (randomly) stops between -1 - +1 mm. My mind its gonna blow.
    Fisrt i had the same problems as you, as i using the extPokeysRelay boards. Finally the problem was the noise. I solve it as i "dress" the wires with a grounded metallic fence (for EMI protection).
    Now i am trying to solve this f*** positioning issue. I am using the Leadshine DS1008 servo drives and as you, i tried to change the PID parameters. The movement of the axis now it seems better but still i have the same positioning problem.
    Could you please advise me how the f*** can i solve this problem? Is something wrong in the mach3 parameters? Is the noise? Must i EMI protect the axis driving wires too?
    Any ideas will be veeeery welcome!!!!!

Thank you in advance

It must have been noise from servos or VFD and improper grounding. That was mu conclusion, though i have grounded everything perfectly fine in my opinion. And still had problems.

yes, 100% you have to EMI protect the Board to Drive wires. maybe that will solve the issue. Try passing a separate wire from PC body to board ground or box ground/ not VDC-/. Same to VFD if you have connected / PC to VFD/. Watch VFD revolutions with spindle turned ON and you will see if that makes effect, speed will rise.

My advice is to buy the 4 axcis DDCSV controller in the future and use that in Cheap machines. Send the Pokeys back to them for refund if you can not solve it.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Thank you Boyan for your fast reply and for your usefull informations. I will try to EMI protect the wires and i will inform you about the results asap.
    Probably i will start doing this on Sunday. So we will communicate again very soon.

Just to add my 2 cents, my pokeys57cnc has been working great so far on my machine with mach4. Probing seems to work well with my 3D touch probe too.

I do have everything run via a star point ground, including the spindle and all shield wires... so perhaps noise is indeed the issue.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 10-03-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,625. Received thanks 113 times, giving thanks to others 70 times.
    Argh, not getting spindle to work. Do I use Pin 17 for the 'up to 10V' output and then GND as the 0V?

Not sure if I am doing the mapping stuff correctly or not. This is with the Pokeys 57 U, not a bad board thus far.

Out of interest any particular reason you went for the U rather than the CNC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information