. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What is the cost of that lot ?
    John S -

Thank you for the clarification, and for sharing the video.

Sended by my tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin201314 View Post
    Thank you for the clarification, and for sharing the video.

Sended by my tapatalk
    I even noticed that the software limit is not working properly in the controller(or maybe I do all wrong as usual) when I enable the software limit and setup all the traveling limits, the machine do the zero properly, and then the axis start traveling to the setup limit and stop, no other chance to move the machine then, what I'm doing wrong now? Thank you for any help you can give me before I throw the controller in the bin and buy a professional one

Sended by my tapatalk

There was something like " ignore limit when home" in the limits menu? Plus i have programmed there to retract 10mm back, i think that was the default.

Now there is an situation where when homing overshoots the 0 and enters in the soft limit zone. What it does then is start to go into the another direction towards the other end limit switch.

Hence generally i find that it's a good practice to disable SOFT LIMIT when homing and then enable it again once homing is done. Or lower the speed of homing so it will stop on time. problem on a big machine like mine, cause you have to wait a lot. Or enter 2-3mm negative soft limit, but problem is that at 4mm it already will hit the sensor.

So i disable soft limit, home and then again i enable it. Anyway, i don't switch off the machine all day long.

On the first machine i have done i had the limits so that they will not interfere with the gantry, but on this one i decided that perpendicular position will give me better accuracy.
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 13-11-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Problem solved thank you, was the over shooting that cause the problem, I just added a +/-0.5 mm to each axis and now is perfect, thank you!!

Sended by my tapatalk

What about this one guys? Soon this controller will have a new look and setup!! (this is just a quick screen to try the colorsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20161114_230409.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	19624

Sended by my tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Merlin201314 For This Useful Post:

You've replaced a graphic with an alternative graphic?

That's "Modding" alright!

;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I would call this "customization", as i have no words to describe the original boot screen!!!
    But i'm working on a very good graphic, so it will make sense then. This was just a trial.
    A big thank to Benedikt for his contribution about the firmware, we hope to make this one "open source" soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Merlin201314 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin201314 View Post
    I would call this "customization", as i have no words to describe the original boot screen!!!
    But i'm working on a very good graphic, so it will make sense then. This was just a trial.
    A big thank to Benedikt for his contribution about the firmware, we hope to make this one "open source" soon.
    Yeah great work you two are doing on this, I read the mad modder thread on it last night.

I wonder if Boyan has seen it yet ?
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Yeah great work you two are doing on this, I read the mad modder thread on it last night.

I wonder if Boyan has seen it yet ?
    Mmmhhh, don't know , maybe not yet, in the meantime this is the better one, Benedict is going to include the design as default if possible, let's see how is going on in the next few days...
    Cheers 🍻 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161115_134206.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	19627

Sended by my tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merlin201314 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information