. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sometimes a thread goes down the list of trending topics so quickly that it's not always seen. Not everyone (make that most people) looks in the new member section, I'm as guilty of that as the next person, and for some reason its only normally a few people who will actually be the first to say hello, dunno why but there you go. I'm not on here as much these days, and I know that others are the same with life and the cnc work (or play) taking up most of their time. Others come on here, build their machine and then dont come on for months or years.

I cant remember your exact wording of your post here but to me it smacked of tell me what to buy and where because I cant be bothered to do any research. That's never going to get a favourable response on here!

Your choice to stay or go, good luck with your cnc plasma machine whatever you decide to do...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

Appreciate what your saying, I thought I showed good grace by saying bellow, what I did for a living and about me and what I was looking to do, instead of just starting a thread, I think I was just getting to the point in this thread, I.e I need help finding the parts and wanted experienced advice, not I have no idea and I can't be arsed :-) your right though I should have outlined how much I already knew and that I wasn't looking for the basics etc, just looking to start buying the bits and what to buy as many people do the whole do it cheap as possible and that's not what I was looking for, want to build a quality machine that will be the one and only I build, the fact I asked for help and didn't pretend I already knew everything I thought was a sign of respect :-)

Clarkey you won't find a better or more helpful forum anywhere in the world or on the net. Trust me I'm on most of them and this Forum is the most helpful you'll find with experienced users rather than Arm chair CNCer's.

However at times you don't always get instant response and have to wait or bump your Thread if required. But I can tell you that with the response and child like attitude you've taken all you get is told to F@~£off.
    Be a little more patient and respectful then you'll get pointed in the right direction or given priceless advice that will save you time and money.

Suggest you start again put the attitude away.!! (Or get on the hard route suss it your self, if can afford it.?)

Woah, not exactly the best attitude to adopt when you are asking for help. This forum has to be the most helpful around with an abundance of knowledgeable and helpful members many of whom are experienced cnc builders and electrical and mechanical engineers.

I have nothing but gratitude and respect for the help I have received, Dean has spent a lot of time providing me with help that has enabled me to go from an absolute newbie who had never touched a machine to someone who is now running and maintaining their own 8x4 cnc router in a production environment. Even upgrading the machine from a DSP to CS-Labs controller which was made so much easier (possible) with Deans assistance.

Oh and did I mention that the members of this forum share their valuable expertise and knowledge for free!!!!!

Why help people who cannot be bothered to help themselves especially when they approach you with a snot nosed 'I want everything given to me as I don't want to do any hard work myself' attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by alboy View Post
    Dean has spent a lot of time providing me with help that has enabled me to go from an absolute newbie who had never touched a machine to someone who is now running and maintaining their own 8x4 cnc router in a production environment. Even upgrading the machine from a DSP to CS-Labs controller which was made so much easier (possible) with Deans assistance.

Well thanks for the praise but I can only point you in right direction you still have to do it so pat yourself on back not me.

Quote Originally Posted by alboy View Post
    Why help people who cannot be bothered to help themselves especially when they approach you with a snot nosed 'I want everything given to me as I don't want to do any hard work myself' attitude!
    While your correct and I agree with you on this I have to say that understand where this lad is coming from. He just wants info on where to buy because thinks knows what he needs.

Where he went wrong was that WE know he doesn't know what thinks he knows but he's soon to know that knows far less than what WE know. So he'll quickly know is shity attitude learnt him that what he doesn't know but WE know and won't now tell has cost him lot of wasted money.!!

So even thou he doesn't know it we are learning him.!! . . . . . . . Shame it's not what he needs to Know for good Cnc machine. . Lol

Lol, if you guys just put as much effort into helping me as you do bitching I'll would have it build by now :-p

I know enough that I knew I should ask for some help, when you are not helped with constructive information you get on and do it yourself, simples :-)

Quote Originally Posted by superclarkey View Post
    Lol, if you guys just put as much effort into helping me as you do bitching I'll would have it build by now :-p

I know enough that I knew I should ask for some help, when you are not helped with constructive information you get on and do it yourself, simples :-)
    Idiot.!! . . . I've helped more people than you have had hot dinners build great machines with advise on every thing from design to where and what to buy with the only difference between them and you is they had enough respect to wait until suited me to reply or ask directly in respectful manner.
    Same goes for many others on here who more than willing to dish out valuable advise provided little respect is shown.

Crack on do it your self and pay the price of learning. Hopefully you won't learn the hard way but I suspect not.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

If I was you I would take a step back and think about things I for one did not see your first post as I do tend to read every post on here. I have noticed though that you have edited it to say " never mind" and complained that you had not had any reply. People don't always have the time and their time is given freely so you have to wait sometimes.

Why don't you start again and if you have a machine put some pics up etc. How can anybody answer questions if you don't give some specs for the machine and what you are trying to achieve. As have been said this is my my opinion the best forum around for helping others and getting good advise. Of course you have to do a bit of work with reading the forum to find the right people that have the relevant experience for the questions you ask.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information