Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
You have the BOB 12V pin connected to the 10V output pin on the VFD. This definitely looks wrong. No connection needed here.

Otherwise, analogue out and ground pins look fine. From the data you give, it looks as if you have configured the VFD for 0-5V speed input, which is correct for that BOB.

As m-c says, that analogue signal is just for speed control. You also need at least one connection from a digital output pin on the BOB to one of DI1-6 on the VFD. The VFD manual should tell you which pin but these can often be reconfigured. Look for an input called something like Run. There will probably also be an input marked For/Rev. However, sometimes these are configured as two pins, one for forwards and one for reverse. For normal router use, you can forget reverse as you only want to run the spindle in the forwards direction. So, you need the analogue signal to set the speed and the digital signal to turn the VFD on.

What software are you using to drive this - Mach3? This will also need to be configured to generate the right signals from the BOB.

Neale,

Thank you for your reply.

I assumed that the +10v shall be provided from external source. Thank you for clarification on that :) I have disconnected wire that goes from +12Vout to VFD.

The software I use is UCCNC (purchased together with UC300 motion controller), and spindle settings are:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VFD_UCCNC_settings.JPG 
Views:	691 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	19263

once M3S24000 is given through UCCNC app - the VFD shows close to 400hz (the voltage from analog out is not 5v however (4.5 approx)).

Name:	2016-09-24 10.05.26.jpg 
Views:	1033 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	19264

The bad thing is that for DI control I need 24V power supply.. I thought I will get away with 12 + 5 (HDDB2 needs 12V, UC300 needs 5V). But looks like not :) :)

Than the question is from where in the BOB i shall take digital signal for "start" "stop" signal, or maybe than it is possible to have forward and reverse control too (I know that VFD as capable doing so, but where to get signals to control that) ?
I have 3 AM882 connected to BOB and 1 output is free to use - can I use this as my "digital outputs" to VFD ? :

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 10.17.01.png 
Views:	1913 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	19265

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 10.16.36.png 
Views:	842 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	19266

Thank you

TM