. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Or you could be our guinea pig and try one of the standalone 3- 4 axis chinese controllers. I will point you from where and which one exactly, if interested. Around 500-600 euro. means 300 euro cheaper than CSMIO and mach4 is another 200. I will buy it off if you are not happy. Just i don't have physical time to do all i want to, and one of these things is test said controller.

It is able to rigid tap and tool change . I am talking about the 980- 990MC , here is the manual . Dean said will be testing the 1000 one/numbers dont mean anything, its totally made by another company/ . So meanwhile i could test another one from third company. All of them are similarly priced and look like similar,

I am talking like this one here / this not the best price i think/ .
    Am also interested in this. Do you know if we can use something like Fusion 360 for CAM via a post processor?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Am also interested in this. Do you know if we can use something like Fusion 360 for CAM via a post processor?
    I use /for the cheap one i was reviewing/ standard Fanuc or G code in mm, which is basically the same i think. I am not a G code expert :-), but it works without a flaw. I read already a couple manuals of the more expensive ones, seems the same. All pretty standard. Now the part about the toolchangers must be read more carefully, manual says linear and rotary, but as i don't have one i a bit lost there. I think that happens with macro command .

That's why it should be all tested. Cheap controller says it recognises G20 and G21 , but no such luck. File must be in mm. So i think they will have some minor flows. Hopefully not very big. For example i still have not it clear what about the M6 command? Dont chinese manually tool change? Did not find info in the manuals.

Of course such minor details are not a problem for me, given the savings.
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 26-09-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Any PP can be set to generate Imperial or Metric, it's just a case of whether it spits out a G20 or a G21 in the right place, this is independent of what controller the PP supports.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information