. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ok first lets drop the Jazzcnc just call me Dean others do and I don't mind.

Ok Dean :-)

Nothing wrong with the Zone just little unwieldy and state biased.!
    Will not contradict you on that

Exactly why shouldn't rush onto buying before doing the home work. Very easy to buy wrong stuff.
    -
    No, i usually dont rush. In fact i spend a lot of hours on net trying to most cost effective solution.
    (Ok, that is when I do not get too excited and impatient )

These are Analog drives not digital. Analog is Old tech best avoided and don't compare to good digital drive.

If you want AC Digital drives then there's model AM882-H
    I bought some Leadshine AM882 Digital Drives on eBay today. AND I`m very satified and can`t wait to get them in here.

You can't have voltage higher than than drives Max else you'll blow the drives up. infact you don't want the voltage near the drives Max you want it approx 10% less.
    Now Current is different matter and I was talking about voltage.!
    I guess i misunderstood i that case, cause i thought you refered to the current.
    Well, looking at the purchase order today, i made a final descision on the 60V/20A Linear PSU.
    I think that will do the job since i`m not going for any monstrous speeds on this mill.
    I calculated speed to approx 10.8 rev/sec based on the KL34H280-45-8A motor with 60V, 6.3A(Parallel) and 2.2mH phase inductance.
    If i should choose to wire the motor i series i will get approx 5.33 Revs/sec at 60V, 3.2Amps and 8.8mH.
    Not sure what the leadscrew ratio is though(dont remember the inch/turn), but i think both is sufficient for my use.

I'm very surprised you can't find toridal Transformer and 3 x capacitors cheaper than $200.!!
    Nope.. When CNC stuff and Electronics find it`s way to Norway, some People and Companies tends to think this is gold

No better reason required.!
    Will be setting up a multichannel(24) National Instruments DAQ/ADC system analyzing the signals when i run the tool change.
    That should give me a "time map" for all signals initiated with mS or even uS timing, and compare it to the schematics of the system.
    Which again would give me insight to compare it to all the options with the CSMIO/IP-S unit.
    Talked to Rob(The Engine Guy) at the Zone who bought a VMC300, and the guy owning it before him used a Koyo Direct Logic PLC to program and run the ATC.
    That makes me wonder if i shouldn`t be able to do the same with the CSMIO/IP-S. And even with Mach compatibility.
    Will start to tear down all the old electronics after taht, prepping the VMC for new shiny parts. Can`t wait :-)
    Last edited by Proteus; 06-10-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Thread Information