. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-03-2024 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Looking good Chris..! Very neat bit of modelling there.

Wal.

Thanks Wal

I should have the CAM video up soon, but have a cockpit project vid before that and I got an Oculus Rift a couple of weeks ago and that has been keeping me "immersed".

Video showing the CAM process fro the neck is up:

@Neil and Lee - I haven't tested the toolpaths yet, so beware.

Merry Christmas all,

I got some time on the machine and for video editing. Here is the test machining and I'm glad I did this as there were a couple of issues (for the next video) that needed solving before machining in real wood:

Next part of the build - fixing a CAD problem in Fusion 360 and then cutting it out in maple:

Chris, rather belatedly looking at this now, sorry (got to learn 360 first though, hoping that as I use Geomagic it won't be too steep a learning curve!!) have managed to log into the project but a little daunted!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Hi Neil

No worries. I have taken backups of everything in the Telecaster Project folder, so you can tinker with impunity.

If you want to just try creating toolpaths by all means use the neck model for that or to practice modeling the raw sketch is waiting in the Tele Body.

I've also created a neck profile sanding block and a copy of the dot inlays model from the Jaguar project (been working on the neck today getting it ready for a scary bit of drilling).

Thread Information