Quote Originally Posted by bikepete View Post

As for the electronics I'm planning on getting the 3Nm/5A system from www.diycnc.co.uk as everything I've read has been super positive about his stuff and I'd rather spend a few quid extra and get the UK support than buy drivers etc from China.

Power supply will be three 350W computer power supplies (free from a mate) in series for 36V, 20ish A :-). More than required most likely... but price is right. Will build in some nice analogue panel meters to show output.
I can highly recommend Roy's drivers and BOB's, finished wiring my control box up last night, plugged it in and everything worked first time. Simple clear manuals which are very easy to follow.

Never had any experience in using PC power supply's to run CNC and I am not saying that they wont work but the quality of some of them is piss poor from past experience with PC's. May be worth while looking at one from Roy for how much he is selling them at.

I bought all my electronics from him which included the following -

3 x 5A Driver cards
1 x Uniport BOB
1 x 36v PSU
3 x 3.1Nm Stepper motors

Because I bought everything from him he did do me a good deal, worth asking him before you shop around too much.