. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Jumper10 View Post
    The UC300ETH will accept 24v inputs and can output an analog signal of 0-10v for spindle control. The UC400ETH can only accept 5V inputs and lacks the 0-10v output. There may be other differences. I just built a machine using the UC400ETH and I'm very happy with its speed and reliability but the UC300ETH would have been just as fast and reliable I assume but it would have been simpler to build with. As it was, with the UC400ETH I had to add a 0-10v DAC for converting the PWM signal to the input my VFD required, and also a voltage converter to drop my 24V supply down to 5V for my sensor power/input. The UC400ETH is powered by 24V. It would have been nice if it accepted 24V inputs. I should have planned a little better I guess.
    That is partially incorrect. The UC300, just like the UC400, only accepts 5V input levels and can only be fed by 5VDC. The UC300 has 12V outputs, as well as 0-10V, but the voltages are generated through a step up circuit. None of the UCxxx motion controllers are a replacement for a BOB, and none of them have optical isolators, so a BOB is necessary. To be able to connect 24V to the inputs you need to connect a BOB which can take 24V, otherwise you'd fry the inputs of the UC300ETH or UC300USB.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A_Camera For This Useful Post:

Thread Information