Quote Originally Posted by 1Jumper10 View Post
Lee -

Not really a channel. This is the first and only video I've posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0biZJSnepU

It is of the router I built in one of the first test runs.
Nice machine.

Regarding the UC400 being a cut down version of the UC300, although the product numbering would lead you to believe otherwise, I think your're right.
It is not a cut-down UC300 at all, it is a completely different model. Yes, the numbering should have been different and according to me it should be called UC200ETH, but never the less, it is totally different design.

I bought the 400 because I wanted the best UCCNC controller and I thought that the 400 was the top of the line based on its product number and thats all the further I looked into it. I think the UC300ETH is better. It wasnt that much of an inconvenience to make the 400 work, just a couple extra components. And it is very fast! My servo's can handle a 500Khz data stream and the UC400 can stream at 400KHz very nicely. The ethernet connection can give you a lot of flexibility if you want to configure your network to work that way. I did not. I bought a dedicated computer to drive the router and simply used the ethernet cable just like one would use a USB cable.
I was going to buy the UC400ETH because it had the Mach3 plugin available, but was contected by Balazs and he asked me to reconsider, not only because they were working on the UC300ETH plugin already, but also because they offered a UCCNC license with the UC300ETH during that period, so I went for the UC300ETH.

Another thing I like about the UC400ETH is that you dont need another board like a smooth stepper etc. I used a breakout board like this: https://www.winford.com/products/brkg25.php Except mine has different connector that adapted to the UC400. Less than $25.
That breakout board is just a bunch of screw terminals, not optically isolated. I'd not use that with any of the CNC Drive products. There is even a warning about this in their manuals.