. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello Warwick....not had it firing from mach yet only from pendant button. I made my own plug as the cheapest i could find was £86 + vat from a uk source for a 6 pin version. I got the plug wire and pins from RS for less than a Tenner so this was a massive saving.
    The lead i made has continuity etc but i think im struggling with the pin outs.
    As the pictures show i have a purelogic THC which is made for the hypertherm 45 and this is connected with an ethernet lead so not real sure what pins i need if any. My floating head has a micro switch on it which i have configured for both Z home and Probe scenarios but nothing happens.
    I think i am missing some code / script as all the ones i have used have worked for finding top of material but i think i am missing the trigger scripts if that's what you want to call them.

So basically if you have any ideas or could share your scripts etc, i will be very grateful as no doubt, once it works it will be looking at me straight in the eye.

I do have the RS codes for the leads if anyone wants to make their own and save a massive amount of money instead of buying a hypertherm one.

Cheers Warwick and thanks for your reply.

Cheers Tommy
    Last edited by Skiprat; 07-03-2017 at 08:00 PM.

hi, iv two micro swithes on my z axis.top is machine home..bottom switch on slide is probe.g31 a very kind fella off the forum set up sheet cam to put the gcode into anything it post process's.........

thc ...havent a clue, im using a proma sd and struggling to get it working well....

can let you know how my 6 core cable is wired......

cheers

Hello Warwick...
    The six cores i have wired up with the full 6/7 cores inc ground so same as you, i have all avenues covered.

Just the gcode and scripts is what i am struggling with.

Scoured the internet and cant find a dummies guide to floating heads etc as they all have different pin out names etc.

The proma you have, has quite a few explanations online with pictures but mine has none or very few with minimal explanation.

I would like a schematic of someone else's to scrutinise and once i have mine working, i will post mine on line with pictures for other people to look at as a picture tells a great story if you know what i mean.

I will keep experimenting untill i get the thing working....LOL

Cheers Tommy

its a very lonely place is the plasma section on any forum!!!!!`
    the web is a nightmare for conflicting thoughts and nobody really posts the outcome of all the problems you are going through....

ill sort out the pins i have used and let you know.....

Many thanks Warwick

Do you have yours set to spindle, thc on thc up thc down etc etc as these are all the scenarios i am looking at and everyone seems to have a different solution but if you have a hypertherm 45 at least we have this in common...

As usual sorry about all questions but as you have experienced, it is a pain in the butt and frustrating.....i.e so close yet so far away from a fully working machine.

Thanks Tommy

hi, im using a mill screen at the moment and mine is indeed on spindle......my plasma screen set just crashed alot and caused problems, i think that i need to reinstall mach ..
    on the mill screen im not getting a torch ok signal so my proma thc isnt working at all,which isnt a bad thing from the performace iv had off the dam thing....
    may have another go at getting it running tommorow...............

oh and just to kick you a little more while your down!!!! ya compressor needs to be a beast...iv got a brand new italian cheap 12cfm compressor and when cutting 200mm tall letters i was getting one and a half letters before i had to feed hold mach and let the comp catch up........

cheers woz

Skiprat, I'm using the Purelogic Ethernet THC and BOB and Hypertherm 45 on my table. I don't visit here very often, but if you drop me a line by email I'll see if I can help.

[email protected]
    Last edited by AndrewMawson; 09-03-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information