Thanks for the heads up on this. Have spoken with the motor supplier and done some further research.
P
Can I check my understanding. As I understand it (be gentle I'm, still learning this stuff!) running the driver for the NEMA34 at 48v is going to generate a much lower torque. Rather than the 8.7nm its capable of, it's probably going to be running somewhere closer to 4.5-5nm. Speed however shouldn't change? Is that right?
P
Assuming I'm getting this right, then my options are to belt drive the motor to the ballscrew 2:1 thereby doubling the torque if halving the speed, or up the voltage to the 34 to something closer to the 80v the driver is capable of handling. Rather than rip apart everything I've done, I could add another PSU running 68V and hook that into the NEMA34 driver. As a bonus it would free up some load on the 48V PSU if I ever wanted to add a 4th axis.
P
I added the 34 to cope with the added weight of a future power drawbar, but you guys are running the Z axis on 2:1 geared belt with NEMA23? Are you saying the you need closer to 8nm to happily run the Z even without additional weight on it
P
Just trying to understand the problem and my options going forward. Have to say there is a tonne of information out there, some of it conflicting. Reading through various sites I've seen people converting the G0704 with 4nm NEMA23 direct driven to the Z.