. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Some Updates

-Changed material to more expensive PETG which made it almost virtually unbreakable, and not only by hand i mean. Plastic Coca Cola bottles, if you wonder what is PETG. Imagine then a 5mm thick Coca-cola bottle.

-After making a different dozen of them for different machines and spindles and altering the design with each next one, i believe now its much more refined. Bellow are the most recent models i have made, various combinations of spindles and hose sizes.

-I sell it at ebay- item 272549828311 but also launched a new website http://cncdustshoe.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dust boot 10mm 3kw spindle 40mm hose.PNG 
Views:	1008 
Size:	451.2 KB 
ID:	20981 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dust shoe for cnc air flow.PNG 
Views:	962 
Size:	391.2 KB 
ID:	20982 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Turbo CNC Dust shoe brush attachment.PNG 
Views:	935 
Size:	391.9 KB 
ID:	20983 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Various custom size cnc dust shoes.PNG 
Views:	1276 
Size:	487.8 KB 
ID:	20984

Printing it resulted to be a very tricky business due to the shape and so was adjusting the prints to be precise size. Tried various colors but the Grey/Red combo looks best. Though finding the Grey color PET in Europe was challenging.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Looks nice, hope you sell a few :)

Must take you ages to print though? I love my 3D printer for making stuff for myself, but the speed is always the issue whenever I think of selling stuff I make with it... just doesn't really seem viable given how cheap people expect to buy things for these days.

Thanks! The printer never stops, it works 24h, there is always something to print and now i am making 2 more printers, which i designed.

It takes more or less 20h for the shoe and 5h for the attachment. Half an hour design for the particular combo and half an hour cleaning support material. ~1/2kg of PETG for the print.

But the versatility to make a specific size product with no additional adapters is incredible. I believe major step was to print PETG and keep same price, as you know PETG is double the price of ABS.

Still nobody from the forum have bought one but it sells on ebay.

People expect to buy very cheap, i know. But at the end you get what you pay for. If you have a printer you know then its cheaply priced for what it is. Anyone having a CNC can fabricate a Dust Shoe, i have done that in past in various occasions. But was not 100% happy with result. To design a well thought one and make it reality takes quite some time.

Before i had a printer on 3dhubs i was quoted cheapest 65 euro plus shipping for PLA and better materials were around 90 euro. So i offer an unbeatable price with the added benefit of helping developing further the design and helping the designer. if thats not enough, it will never be...
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Oh yeah absolutely, I think it's extremely fairly priced (actually seems too cheap to me given the time and material!) but that was rather my point - for the amount of work and time it's very hard to make a fair return using 3D printing. The great unwashed don't appreciate that these things can take so long to print...

When I designed a dust shoe (bit more basic than yours) I just ended up putting it on thingiverse as you did and didn't bother selling any as it wasn't worth the effort.

Hopefully you can make a bit of pocket money out of it though!
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 06-03-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Thread Information