. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I can't see a UK supplier but it might be worth looking up an equivalent.
    He's in Toblerone land so UK supplier won't do him much good anyway.! . . . . I'd have small wager this will come back to life with that part replaced and I'm sure there be supplier in Swizyland.!! . . . . If pays my Air fare and Lift pass I'll take him my spare and go boarding while at it. .

Post some part numbers for similar ones you can get locally and I will comment on if they are likely to be suitable. You should use the multi-meter on diode and resistance test to poke around for damaged parts. Does the VFD display an error with the IGBT now removed?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Thanks for your answers!
    @JAZZCNC maybe if you take some English ales with you ;)

I just begin to check the circuit. By now, tracks are surprisingly good, but there is some strange connections... I will continue to test the circuit.

I checked the part in china but you're right it will be difficult to replace it with the same model.
    It would be awesome if you could advice me :)

A good shop in Switzerland is Distrelec. I've searched for some replacement parts (http://www.distrelec.ch/search?q=iGB...=4&pageSize=10) and I think about this one maybe: http://www.distrelec.ch/fr/igbt-to-2...=50&simi=97.47

Should I replace all IGBT or only the broken one ?

Thanks you, all for your help.

The IGBT you linked to is TO220 package, but the original is TO247 so you should look for that instead. Also the voltage rating (surprisingly) is 1200V, so I would get the same unless replacing all of them. I would replace both in the same 'leg' on the inverter - so 2 out of 6, unless more seem to be fried.

Ok, this model is a better choice ? http://www.distrelec.ch/fr/igbt-to-2...=50&simi=96.69

That's better. Next check that the turn on/turn off delay times in the datasheet are no greater than those of the original. Same for the total gate charge (Qg). This is for compatibility with the programmed dead time and gate drive. If those specifications are met you can be reasonably confident that it's suitable. You could go into more detail (e.g. compare the Vds vs Ids), but it's not really worth it for a cheap product and you would need to identify more components in the circuit to be sure.

Edit: Also, in order of preference for brands I would go with for IGBTs are Infineon, IR, ST / ON Semi & others. But this is pretty subjective.

[P.S. I'm trying to demonstrate how to choose - not just give you a link. For reference, I've found some in England for around 3 CHF.]
    Last edited by Jonathan; 23-01-2017 at 08:34 PM.

I appreciate your help, I'm reading more about these IGBT to have a better understanding of these.
    Is it better to have the nearest value as possible or just lower than the original? I think the nearest, am I right?
    There is different type of "TO247" like TO-247-3, is it the same?

So, I found some of them, the cheapest one I found with corresponding datasheet: 1,2,3

I would go with the first one if you think it's a good choice or I'm missing something ?

Hi everyone,

Good news! After replacing two diodes, one resistance and two IGBT, the VFD works perfectly. I hope this will last...

Thanks for your help!! Very happy to see it work again!

Quote Originally Posted by BriceO View Post
    Hi everyone,

Good news! After replacing two diodes, one resistance and two IGBT, the VFD works perfectly. I hope this will last...

Thanks for your help!! Very happy to see it work again!

Hello! Glad that you got success. As I burnde my HY VFD too, please can you tell which IGBT equivalent did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by alexpi01 View Post
    Hello! Glad that you got success. As I burnde my HY VFD too, please can you tell which IGBT equivalent did you use?
    Hi,
    Thanks, I use this one: kdg15n120h for 2 X US4.5/pcs by HitMart Chinese (Aliexpress). But you can certainly use different one. Check the message of Jonathan to choose an IGBT.
    If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information