. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It's nice that you continue to document the gradual development of this, I might give it a whirl once you've added enough functionality.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

What prices are you thinking? And how will you compete with free 0$ Fusion 360???? You need a free plan i am thinking. Really free, no gimmicks.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Is it truly "Full Cloud" with no local storage option?

Your product looks very useful. But given yet another learning curve. Surely your eventual cost needs to be indicated now, for objective decisions by any prospective users.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Your product looks very useful. But given yet another learning curve. Surely your eventual cost needs to be indicated now, for objective decisions by any prospective users.
    I understand your view. But really learning curve is very small, if user is familiar with any one CAM systems. Nevertheless, we are working on pricing and announce it soon.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Is it truly "Full Cloud" with no local storage option?
    Yes, It is Full Cloud app. No storage on local device at all. The part you import, toolpath operations you create get stored on Azure storage. Only NC File download is saved in your download folder on local device. Not a single byte installed on your local machine as well, except for few java scripts downloaded to your cashe to run in browser just like any other web app.

Hope you will enjoy working on OnCreate3D. We have good toolpaths in place, good simulation in place and project sharing in place for you to try out.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajat View Post
    Yes, It is Full Cloud app. No storage on local device at all.
    That's me out then, I'd only consider that if it was free and then for minor hobby use only.
    What happens if your company is run over by a bus?
    I use local NAS box storage rather than cloud storage so I have access to all my data 24-7 regardless of Internet connectivity issues [3 X 5.4Tb RAID5 boxes in 3 different physical locations BTW ;-) ].

- Nick

Please take a look at what our Co-Founder has to say about our product OnCreate3D.

https://www.cnctimes.com/editorial/w...ijit-kumthekar

Quote Originally Posted by Rajat View Post
    Please take a look at what our Co-Founder has to say about our product OnCreate3D.

https://www.cnctimes.com/editorial/w...ijit-kumthekar
    "I feel data security is, in general, dealt with harshly. For big industries like aviation and automobile, it does make sense to have all measures to secure data tightly. But for everyday consumer products, reverse engineering and creating similar products has become so simple that it doesn’t make sense to spend a lot of money on data security for it."

That's an absolutely shocking statement for him to make.

I still can't see what it can offer over Fusion 360 which for members of this board is a free CAD/CAM application and not just CAM
    John S -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information