. .
    I am at the very early stages of trying to learn fusion360 and I am trying to draw a mould for a part that uses a air foil. I have got the basics done but I am struggling to find a way to fillet and blend the centre foil part into the ends. I have spent a few days trying to play with the fillet tools but not had any success and tried you tube but not had much luck. If any one can give me any tips or lend me a hand it would be much appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	314 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	20471

Hi charlieuk

I think I can see what you're trying to do there, but correct me if I'm wrong. You're trying to get the tips to go from a "point" or line to the curve you have already established in the main body. So what you are actually doing is two blended curves one in the X and one in the Y axis, which filleting won't cope with iirc.

I would try deleting the fillets you have at the bottom of the leading and trailing edges of the wing tip sections and then use Modify - Loft tool to try and do the compound curve I think you're after.

Compound curves are a pain in fusion (and most CAD for that matter).

Hope that helps, but give me a PM and access to a copy of the model, if you get really stuck and I'll try and help directly in Fusion.

Chris

ok so I thought it may be easier to re draw the hole thing as a positive and then hopefully use take this and split it in half to create the negative. In doing this I have managed to get the loft tool to work.

I don't think its the perfect way to doa aerodynamic fairing but should work for this a bit of a test.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	307 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	20481
    Last edited by charlieuk; 25-01-2017 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    ok so I thought it may be easier to re draw the hole thing as a positive and then hopefully use take this and split it in half to create the negative. In doing this I have managed to get the loft tool to work.

I don't think its the perfect way to doa aerodynamic fairing but should work for this a bit of a test.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	307 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	20481
    I would be tempted to sketch a spline through the points that you have on the lofted profile, if you haven't already.

Difficult to tell but if you have flat segments between each line, it will look very very ugly and make running the CNC bit more jerky as it will not use G2 and G3 but line segments.

Did a job a similar job on a fuselage and had to redraw everything in the end.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    I would be tempted to sketch a spline through the points that you have on the lofted profile, if you haven't already.

Difficult to tell but if you have flat segments between each line, it will look very very ugly and make running the CNC bit more jerky as it will not use G2 and G3 but line segments.

Did a job a similar job on a fuselage and had to redraw everything in the end.
    sorry I'm not sure I quite understand I'm very new to all of this. Can you explain in more detail? I can share the folder with what I have done so far if you would like to take a closer look. Many thanks

Thread Information