. .
    So I am sick of wasting material through using 6mm router bits, but currently can not afford to upgrade to a spindle motor, so my question is, can I use an ER 11 collet and nut or not? sorry if you find that question annoying or "stupid", but I don't know, and am loath to waste money finding out. All constructive answers welcome, trolls and the like, Nah they won't care anyway.
    Happy are they who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to see them come true.

Why don't you use a smaller cutter with a 6mm shaft? You can get 4mm on 6mm shaft, I'm sure if you shop around you could get smaller. What you cutting, how thick etc....

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

If you know someone with a lathe you could get them to make you a batch of adapter sleeves, I use sleeves for sizes of endmill that don't fit in my Rotozip collets, just locktite the bits in.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I am using down to 2mm end mills with 6mm shaft. No need to use end mills which have the same shaft diameter as the cutter. In fact, it is better if the shaft is thicker since it makes the tool more rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I am using down to 2mm end mills with 6mm shaft. No need to use end mills which have the same shaft diameter as the cutter. In fact, it is better if the shaft is thicker since it makes the tool more rigid.
    I use a lot of 6mm shank HSS that's considered "Disposable" in industry, small Carbide tends to be cheapest on a variety of shank sizes.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information