. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spindle is 3Kw.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Spindle is 3Kw.
    Im sure it had 4.5 written on it. I may be wrong. But managed to get it all up and running now it's just the spindle I need sorting happy Sunday

https://youtu.be/nHRegkThV8w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK Guys, everything is as per the manufacturers settings (in parameters pages) APART FROM the following:

AUXILIARY RUNNING PARAMETER UNIT
    F4.8 - 0.50

MULTI SPEED FREQUENCY
    F5.1 - 100
    F5.3 - 200
    F5.4 - 250
    F5.5 - 300
    F5.6 - 350
    F5.7 - 400

First one that gets her fired up, will get a drink :)

could really do with her up and running for tomorrow, so any help will be much appreciated, even if i can get it running in manual mode i just cant figure it out

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    So it looks like it's just been wired to provide 3 different speeds, depending on what input is activated.

What kind of output does Eding provide?
    For a quick get you going option, I'd think that provided you just connected one of the three speed input wires (red/green/yellow) to the common (black), then you'll get the spindle running.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Eding CNC provides 0-10v and a tool option.

http://www.edingcnc.com/upload/files...flyer_tech.pdf

screenshot of the VFD section http://prntscr.com/eltm6t

Pins screenshot http://prntscr.com/eltme8

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm going to assume that where the manual says Tool Output, it means there is an output that gets switched to turn the spindle on?

If it is, then the quickest option would be to select one side of VFD speed inputs, connect it to the Tool Output, and connect the VFD CM to Eding Gnd/0V.
    Probably best to power up the VFD, and test this by connecting one of the speed wires, to the CM wire, and making sure the spindle starts. The VFD will most likely need to be powered up, before you make the connection, or it won't run. (it will depend on how the VFD is configured, as to whether it will run the motor immediately on power up)

To get speed control, you'd need to wire the FWD terminal to the Tool Output, VC2 to the 0-10V output, and then join CM to GND/0V.
    I'm not sure if you'll have to change any settings in the VFD to get that working, but try it and see. If it doesn't work, make sure you are getting 0-10V at the terminals, and the Tool Output is switching. If you put a multimeter set to volts over the FWD/CM terminals, it should show a voltage with the spindle turned off (I'd guess it should be around 12V, but may vary depending on the VFD. It should certainly be higher than a couple volts), then when you switch the spindle on, it should drop to near zero volts.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information