. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    option 3. Via Mach3 which talks to the VFD through an interface board. This can be added later so again don't need to worry about it in terms of spindle selection. My understanding here is that this can be PWM signal or a 0-10V signal.
    Mach3 or LinuxCNC outputs a PWM signal, which is then converted to 0-10V which is fed to the VFD. You need a spindle controller or breakout board that does this. You can also get controllers that convert step/dir to 0-10V. Someone at CNC Zone just used a step/dir signal to a Hitachi VFD to control it directly.
    You can also use Modbus to control the VFD.
    Lots of different options.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ger21 For This Useful Post:

2.2kw is the standard for a nice machine. And no need to upgrade as they are quite reliable. If you buy from reputable seller and receive GPZ brand spindle, yes, they are 4 bearing. spindle is best controlled from board. The more "auto" the better in the long run.

Why dont you take a step back and explain your axis decisions? if you have not bought the screws and supported rails.

First of all Hiwin 20 is enough and best for the purpose. Secondly the Z and the X/ gantry are quite more important than the long axis /Y and A/ . So if not gonna be used square rail on all machine, then better be used on Z and X.
    Also 20xx screw for Z is overkill, 1605 is best there and 1610 for the X.

There are many threads in the forum where all is explained again and again..., so may be some homework?
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 13-05-2017 at 11:57 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

5. Hi Boyan,
    I've read a lot of your posts and seen some of your builds and so I know I would be wise to listen to your advice.

I try not buy things if possible lol the z axis will be made with this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170507_115248[1].jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	485.9 KB 
ID:	21622(Once I have it rebuilt) I have 25mm smooth rod with bearings as well.

which cost me 1 days very hard work stripping it out a machine (I got 3 of them) but no actual money just hard work ;)

I'm using 25mm supported rail on 1 axis because I got it for free and 15mm hi win on the other axis because 1.5m with 4 blocks on 2 rails was £99 delivered.

This is a cheap hack machine lol but I do intend to pimp it up or just build another one I have more t slot and sometimes I get get rails to scrap ;) so we will see.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 14-05-2017 at 01:08 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Free stuff is the best stuff

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

8. Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Free stuff is the best stuff
    Too true

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig-...796651547.html
    looking at this on alixpress when I build another one (I want 8*4 capability) I think I should just use these all round at this sort of price unless I'm particularly lucky with the next machine that comes in.

I was thinking the best thing to do with the supported rail is to use it until it becomes an issue then keep the rail and bearings for a table saw slide to make cutting 8*4 a joy.

Although I want at least one axis to have 3m rails.

So going to cost a £1000 by the time the import tax man has his fingers in the tills lol.1
    Last edited by Desertboy; 16-05-2017 at 06:50 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Too true

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig-...796651547.html
    looking at this on alixpress when I build another one (I want 8*4 capability) I think I should just use these all round at this sort of price unless I'm particularly lucky with the next machine that comes in.

I was thinking the best thing to do with the supported rail is to use it until it becomes an issue then keep the rail and bearings for a table saw slide to make cutting 8*4 a joy.

Although I want at least one axis to have 3m rails.

So going to cost a £1000 by the time the import tax man has his fingers in the tills lol.1
    Exactly these ones i had problem with. I had just one sample though. Check Robodig ones, they seem better to me

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

11. So I wish to upgrade from my Kress motor and I'm wondering if the spindle that started this thread is the way to go?

Advice please.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    So I wish to upgrade from my Kress motor and I'm wondering if the spindle that started this thread is the way to go?

Advice please.

Karl
    That's the one if your machine can carry it. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-2KW-WAT...c=1&rmvSB=true
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

13. OK, rightly or wrongly I've just ordered one of these spindles from Germany.

So now I need to:
    • Source a bracket - recommendations please -?
    • Learn how to configure and operate the spindle - I'm sure there's an article or 2 on this site somewhere - ?
    • Absorb recommendations etc from folks who have such a device - ?

Hoping folks can point me in the right direction.

Karl

Thread Information