Quote Originally Posted by ravihotwok View Post
Cheers A,

wasnt disregarding your advice mate, just was a bit hasty in looking for a solution as I was just a bit worried about this machine being a lemon. I will save the motor you have recommended, Will probably end up getting that but first will learn how to get the pc communicating with the machine and actually working. Is there anywhere I can find out the definition of various cutting tools and their main purposes eg a tool for engraving, a tool for milling etc. Are you all starting to realise just how novice I actually am lol Shoot me now
Yes, it is a good idea at this stage not to buy anything else, just get the delivered unit up and working. Once it is up and running you will see what else you may need or if this is enough for now or not. I don't think you need to worry about this being a lemon, I think that considering the number of units sold, these are generally good and reliable, good enough to learn a lot by using them, though of course, you can't expect them to be as good as a considerably more expensive units. You must be prepared for some blood, sweat and tears and dirty words but other than that, if you are handy you should not have problems with setting it up.